IR volume adjustment

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

IR volume adjustment

Postby bertsmith30 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:22 pm

Does or will Tonex have an option to adjust the volume of an individual IR in the future? Amplitube currently has this feature but Tonex does not. I use Ownhammer responses and they cause a volume drop that has to be compensated for vis gain adjustment in amplitube but this option doesn't appear to exist in Tonex. I am having to adjust Model Volume for every preset I have on the Tonex pedal to compensate for the two presets with the custom ownhammer response, and it's a bit fiddly and exhausting. I would much rather be able to gain adjust the IR or at least adjust it from the software.
bertsmith30

Re: IR volume adjustment

Postby madmarcus1960 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:28 pm

This is a must moving forward, big oversight on their part. I added it to the wishlist as well
madmarcus1960

Re: IR volume adjustment

Postby TeeBee66 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:01 pm

bertsmith30 wrote:Does or will Tonex have an option to adjust the volume of an individual IR in the future? Amplitube currently has this feature but Tonex does not. I use Ownhammer responses and they cause a volume drop that has to be compensated for vis gain adjustment in amplitube but this option doesn't appear to exist in Tonex. I am having to adjust Model Volume for every preset I have on the Tonex pedal to compensate for the two presets with the custom ownhammer response, and it's a bit fiddly and exhausting. I would much rather be able to gain adjust the IR or at least adjust it from the software.

The same problem. It´s not only question of user IR but significant differencies in volume between captures - models (IK Multimedia Premium / ToneNet / third-party captures e.g. Choptones ...) so. In TONEX Pedal is possibility to adjust volume of model (this parametr is adjustable per preset) but range is not big and may not be enough to compensate volume differencies. Other way is to use built-in compressor - set it as POST, set COMPRESSOR TRESHOLD = 0 (in this setting compressor will not affect dynamics of captured model) and use COMPRESSOR GAIN for compensation of volume differencies - range is from -30dB to +10dB (it is sufficient for most of situations)
TeeBee66

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling