AmpliTube 5 no effects

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 no effects

Postby Shime1989 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm

Hi all

I recently got Amplitube 5 SE as a bundle with an audio interface I bought. Seeing online reviews and sound quality of the software I got really hyped up by everything it had to offer, but the hype was short-lived unfortunately. The problem I'm having is that the software only produces clean sound no matter the settings. Even the effects such as delay do nothing and the only thing presets do is make the clean sound a bit more mushy and deep.

After searching the forum, and all over the internet basically, for the last three days, I found nothing of real use to solve this problem. To say I'm getting frustrated is an understatement, but being a newb in regards to these things I tried to find an answer. I tried using ASIO4ALL drivers, manufacturer supplied ones, reinstalling the software, changing every conceivable Windows and interface sound setting, but nothing seems to help.

Audio interface is a Swissonic Audio 1 (an in-house brand of Thomann), not really a well known device, but with good reviews nonetheless. I doubt there is a problem with it as it's functions seem to work fine and my PC has more than enough power to keep everything chugging along.

Being new to this like I said, I believe everything is set up as it should be. Guitar is connected through a line in on the interface, source set to channel 1 and 2, monitoring to mono and output is through a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter using earphones. Software wise, input and output are set using ASIO with their respective channels. I'm truly out of ideas and figured that the only place which might offer some kind of advice is this forum.

Sorry for the long post/rant, but I'm getting really close to starting my own space program by launching this dang thing out the window...

Thanks
Shime1989

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling