No input to Amplitube4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

No input to Amplitube4

Postby adrian20 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:15 pm

Hi I'm a long time iRig user but wanted to try desktop version of Amplitube4.

Downloaded and authorised and connecting my guitar via Fast Track USB interface. The interface is powered up and I can select it as input in System Prefs on MacBook running Big Sur 11.7.3. Can see the Mac system input level change when I pick guitar string, but there's no input at all the AmpliTube set just on Tuner with tuner turned on.

There are some old warnings in support about Big Sur compatibility but no subsequent mention of any issues with Amplitube4, so does anyone please have any suggestions for what I can do to get signal into Amplitube?

Thanks.
adrian20

Re: No input to Amplitube4

Postby adrian20 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:23 pm

Answering my own question but got it working now or at least have input signal to Amplitube — I didn't have selected channel turned on doh!

There is input to the tuner now, but the tuner is very difficult to use as the correct note doesn't reliably display nor the indicator move smoothly up and down, or agree with well calibrated external tuners.
adrian20

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling