AT5 & ToneX Stomp - No Assignable Bypass?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 & ToneX Stomp - No Assignable Bypass?

Postby alienpops » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:37 am

Having ToneX stomp as a separate pedal is a welcome addition! However, I can't seem to be able to assign a MIDI CC as a bypass. The onscreen "foot switch" is clickable with the mouse, but doesn't seem to have a way to assign it via MIDI like other pedals on the pedalboard. Am I missing something or is this a bug? The gain, volume and presence all seem to be assignable.
alienpops

Re: AT5 & ToneX Stomp - No Assignable Bypass?

Postby alienpops » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:00 am

After doing some further testing, I did find a way to assign the bypass to ToneX stomp. If you add it after the cab (not sure what that section is called) and assign the bypass there and then move it back to the pedal section it seems to retain its MIDI CC bypass. A bit convoluted, but it works.

An interesting thing with this update is that with the ToneX stomp block, if you click on the "edit" button it actually allows you to turn on the ToneX noise gate, compressor, and reverb: All within the ToneX stomp inside of AT5! Being able to add a noise gate, compressor and spring reverb in front of the amp in addition to the distortion model in a single block opens up some interesting possibilities.
alienpops

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling