is my brand new tonex capture broken? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

is my brand new tonex capture broken? [Resolved]

Postby wildmilne71 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:13 am

I just got my ToneX Capture and i can not figure out why i have no sound/return level. I've followed the manual, i've watched youtube videos, i do not see what i'm doing wrong so i feel that maybe the "To Amp" is not working? I have input level into my UAD apollo hi-z, my inteface goes out to the line input. After that i've tried both AMP only configuration and amp/cab (with cab emulator as my cab since it's late night)...i get no sound, nothing lights up my apollo input. I plugged a signal into the apollo line in that i'm using and i see signal, just nothing with the capture hooked up. Help...

To top off the fun, i do not see how to open a support ticket, under contact us it takes me to a page of a few things to look up and no where do i see "open ticket' or the like.
wildmilne71

Re: is my brand new tonex capture broken?

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:16 am

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby wildmilne71 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:58 pm

Thanks. I will try the search and find the support ticket option. After 2 hours of switching cables, searching, reading and watching videos for something that seems it should be simple had me frustrated. Hopefully it’s just something I’m doing wrong and not bad hardware.
wildmilne71

Postby wildmilne71 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:52 pm

It appears to have been a patch bay issue : :oops:

Getting closer, now i hear it coming back through my amp, i have levels, but clicking capture causes no signals to be played through the amp.
wildmilne71

Postby wildmilne71 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:50 pm

Issue solved, i took my new patchbay apart and found a few mislabeled wires, put it back together and all is good :)
wildmilne71

Re: is my brand new tonex capture broken? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:09 pm

As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar issues do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling