EUB and Amplitube / Tonex / TRacks

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

EUB and Amplitube / Tonex / TRacks

Postby edwardE4R104 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:59 am

Hi All,

On Black Friday, I upgraded to the Amplitube max bundle and also bought Tonex Max or whatever the full version of that was and Tracks Max (or whatever they call the most complete bundle). I'm very happy with all of the above. I've been doing great getting terrific tones for my electric basses and electric guitars. I have an electric upright bass (EUB) with a piezo pickup. I'm having a more difficult time finding a happy place with that.

The amp models sort of over color. I've seen a suggestion when searching the term "piezo" on the forum to use just the rack effects in amplitube or forgo amplitube altogether and use Tracks for some compression, eq and reverb. The latter seems to make the most sense. With the broad range of effects in the complete Tracks bundle, I'm a little at a loss for where to start in terms of more transparent effects vs effects that add tube warmth etc.

Any suggestions on some starting points would be very welcome! I don't have an acoustic upright, so getting a good tone out of my EUB would be GREAT!

Thanks!
edwardE4R104

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling