Amplitube 5 as just an IR

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 as just an IR

Postby Marhier1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm new, so apologies if I've posted in the wrong section.

Over the last year, I've been getting into home recording, written a new album for my old band; recorded everything in Ableton Live 11, using EZDrummer, EZbass and Amplitube 5 - to my ear, everything sounds great so far!

I've been watching YouTube videos and have come across Reactive Load Boxes... I never knew these existed, but am very intruiged as I have Peavey 5150 II amp that I'd love to use, though have always been concerned about neighbours if I turn up too loud when recording with with a mic.

I think I'm gonna go for the Two Tone Torpedo Captor 8 - it certainly seems to do the job and the price is reasonable.

My question is as follows:
Are you able to to use Amplitube just as an IR?
I've been using Amplitube 4 & 5 for quite some time, have various cabs, speakers, mics etc... I just don't know if you can use a load box, running your own amp and use Amplitube without the amp simulation.

If someone could let me know if this is possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Marhier1

Re: Amplitube 5 as just an IR

Postby carlaz » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:34 pm

In short: yes.

A device such as the Torpedo Captor X from Two Notes is basically an IR loader in a box, intended to take the signal out from an amp head and process it as though it was going into/through a physical cab. Thus, in theory, you should not need such a device if you are using AmpliTube as an IR loader. You should, in theory, just need to ensure that the signal out from your amp is entering your computer (presumably via some audio interface) at an appropriate level, etc. You should then only need to turn off/bypass all the sections of AmpliTube ahead of the Cab Room, and then use the Cab Room controls as normal. (And you could elect to place rack-effects, etc. after the Cab Room, or not, as usual.)

Mind you, although I have run through physical effects pedals and thence into my interface/computer and AmpliTube, I have not used AmpliTube as an IR load for a signal so I cannot specify exactly what you might need to do to ensure the signal out from your amp was appropriate for running into your interface. Nevertheless, it is certainly do-able.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling