Amplitube , ToneX whats the difference ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube , ToneX whats the difference ?

Postby ewangle » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Also, we own the amps that we model in TONEX - including the very expensive Dumble which we do still own and plan to continue keeping in our possession - so "generic" is the very last word that would describe the TONEX Tone Models.

Peter, thanks for your explanations. So why did IK capture your Dumble vs. modeling it as usual in AT5 and offering it as a Custom Shop purchase? I'd be fine with buying it a la carte, which makes it more affordable vs. paying up to $250 because it's only in MAX. What's the strategy going forward to decide which amp goes in which product? Why would someone want to pay for MAX when someone else will likely soon capture another (perhaps similar) Dumble and download for free off ToneNET?

Thanks.
ewangle

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:32 pm

ewangle wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Also, we own the amps that we model in TONEX - including the very expensive Dumble which we do still own and plan to continue keeping in our possession - so "generic" is the very last word that would describe the TONEX Tone Models.

Peter, thanks for your explanations. So why did IK capture your Dumble vs. modeling it as usual in AT5 and offering it as a Custom Shop purchase? I'd be fine with buying it a la carte, which makes it more affordable vs. paying up to $250 because it's only in MAX. What's the strategy going forward to decide which amp goes in which product? Why would someone want to pay for MAX when someone else will likely soon capture another (perhaps similar) Dumble and download for free off ToneNET?

Thanks.

TONEX was coming out and we had purchased a Dumble to feature as a great incentive to get TONEX MAX since the amp was very rare and not in the realm of purchasing options for most of our user base. Also, to component model something for AmpliTube 5 it would be more difficult with a Dumble since the components are usually covered in epoxy to make sure the circuitry remains as secret as possible (or you'd likely ruin the amp trying to get around this).

Also, Dumbles are upwards of $150,000 (including the one we bought and still own) so hat's off to anybody that would like to give Tone Models of those away free on ToneNET. I have a feeling anybody with a real Dumble will not likely be sharing that for free... And any others you might see are almost guaranteed "models of a model" or a clone that might get you part of the way there but isn't a Dumble in the end (and those clones are also pretty pricey for the most part).

AmpliTube 5 will also always have the types of gear that TONEX simply cannot model (time-based, modulation, etc). That's part of the great complementary aspects of both and why AmpliTube will absolutely continue to be a flagship IK product. It is the top flagship and since TONEX doesn't do what it does, it probably will not be unseated or will at least only share the throne with TONEX over the long term.

Another consideration is that top brands choose IK in a large part based on AmpliTube's reputation. Yes, TONEX sounds amazing and will likely share the throne with AmpliTube but there will absolutely be partners that want to take advantage of the component modeling aspects of AmpliTube for their collections/gear and others that want TONEX amps and stomps to lead the charge, and even some who likely will want to use both products/technology.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:36 pm

With regard to offering the Dumble a la carte, that would not likely have happened anyway as it is a unique and very expensive piece of gear that we purchased (we use the real gear for our modeling, part of the reason the sound quality is where it is) and if we did the a la carte cost would be much higher than anything else so getting it in TONEX MAX is the best way for us to bring it to the most people or it would still be fairly out of reach or at least more expensive than they'd like for many people.

This way, you can get the Dumble Tone Models plus much more for only $/€249.99 ($/€199.99 if you have AmpliTube 5 MAX) while the intro pricing lasts and more people can enjoy this sought after gear.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DDContact » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:41 pm

Excellent post with some really good observations and insights.

Having tried both, I'm still not sure how TONEX works together with AmpliTube 5? I know that "Tone.net" is available when using both AmpliTube 5 and TONEX ... but how do I get (or can I get) any presets or modelling information from TONEX in my AmpliTube 5 application. Do I use them separately (as I have been) or is there an integration with AmpliTube that allows the advantage/features of both without switching between applications?

I currently have AmpliTube 5 MAX, but only TONEX CS. Does this make a difference in terms of integration with AmpliTube 5? I know that features (i.e. amp/tone models) will be missing, but I want to test the full experience of TONEX with Amplitube 5 before I purchase TONEX MAX.

If I misunderstand the integration, how do I take advantage of testing TONEX and all its features before purchasing?

Any advice / tutorials would greatly help.
Thank you :-)
DDContact

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling