No input to ToneX in standalone player

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

No input to ToneX in standalone player

Postby bighproductions » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Is anyone else experiencing no input in ToneX 1.0.3 Standalone player? I've tried everything and can't get it to work at all. No activity on the input meter, and I've checked and re-checked the audio settings
bighproductions

Re: No input to ToneX in standalone player

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:57 pm

If you are using Mac it sounds like you might not have allowed TONEX permission to use your microphone (applies even if using an audio interface).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bighproductions » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:12 pm

That was it, thank you Peter! Although, to be honest, it never asked... :P
bighproductions

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:13 pm

bighproductions wrote:That was it, thank you Peter! Although, to be honest, it never asked... :P

Strange, last update I recall it asking me during the installation process. I'll relay that you didn't get the popup.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bi5muthTheBi » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:52 am

I'm on windows and am having the same problem.
Bi5muthTheBi

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:30 pm

Bi5muthTheBi wrote:I'm on windows and am having the same problem.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Goffik80 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:31 pm

Bi5muthTheBi wrote:I'm on windows and am having the same problem.

Same here. I have it set up exactly the same way as Amplitube, yet Amplitube works fine while Tonex does not.
Goffik80

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:02 pm

Please also contact support. Sometimes what might appear to be the exact same problem ends up not being the same exact problem. IK Support will help you directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blackemm » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:40 am

I accidently didnt allow mic on a Mac. How the heck do I get it to work now? Uninstalled, reinstalled. It never asks again, and never gives sound.
blackemm

Postby Goffik80 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:00 am

blackemm wrote:I accidently didnt allow mic on a Mac. How the heck do I get it to work now?

I don't have a Mac, but I would think there is a central location where you can set permissions just like you can on mobile phones. This is an OS feature, not an Amplitube/ToneX problem.
Goffik80

Postby blackemm » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:37 am

Yepp. Thanks for the reply.

I Dont do Mac, but its in our digital, low volume studio. If you flub the install? System. Audio/mic preference, you need to check Tonex. Install will only ask once. Then you are stuck. Unlike windows, that will delete registry entries on uninstall, Mac will keep your click forever, until you find it.

CS degree... I will forever despise Mac...lol... Its on a Mac developer's system.. He wasnt sure cuz Mac restricts every possible access to anything they didnt write....
blackemm

Postby obispojoe » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:04 am

On a Mac running Monterey, to add permission to use the mic, you go to the apple menu -> system preferences -> security & privacy. Now look for the Privacy tab. You'll see Microphone listed on the left, and on the right any app that has requested use of microphone. If needed unlock the padlock in the lower left and check the box next to ToneX and Amplitube if applicable. Now quit and restart the apps in question. That should do the trick.
obispojoe

Postby Johnprocter » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:07 pm

I have an iPhone 15 and I'm using it with my iRig HDX, but no audio is being picked up in the apps. It asks me for permission to use the microphone and all I get is feedback. I turn off the microphone and there is no register of audio in any app. I'm getting audio into the . I'm getting audio into the iRig.
I only bought the new phone because I was having issues with The Sound being slightly different every time I use the same preset.
Can anybody help with these issues, please?
Johnprocter

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling