Amplitube 5 max, X-Time included? [No. Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 max, X-Time included? [No. Resolved]

Postby danwhite1111@gmail.com » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi,
I have just purchased Amplitube 5 max & having installed I cannot find the "X series" gear in the plugin (X-time, X-Vibe, X-Space).

Is this gear actually included in the bundle? Would be great to know for sure before I start trouble shooting!

Many thanks
Dan
danwhite1111@gmail.com

Re: Amplitube 5 max, X-Time included?

Postby a210 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:36 am

I have the same question
a210

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:42 pm

The contents of IK Multimedia software collections is almost always fixed when the collection is first released (just as is done by ,any other manufacturers). The gear included in AT5 MAX is listed in the " full comparison chart" PDF link on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-max#thegear

The X-Series were released after AT5 MAX. Maybe they will be included in AT6 MAX (if r whe that is released)?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby a210 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:26 pm

DarkStar thanks for your reply.
Help me out please. I still don't understand.

I thought I read these marvelous stomps were included, but could not remember where I have read it.
Your reply showed me where the info is: The promotion page Amplitube5 on tab The Gear, subtab Stomp Effects contains: X-Drive, X-Space, X-Time and X-Vibe. They are located at the bottom of the list of stompboxes. Now that looks very much like a promise. Doesn't it? The comparison chart is promotion to go for the better deal. Which I did. I cannot find a remark about exclusions for AmpliTube5MAX. Upon your suggestion, I have downloaded the chart, but it is very difficult to conclude if these stomps are included, or not. But that should not matter? The first overview is on screen and that one includes them.

An other indication for inclusion: In the downloaded resources on my computer there are folders for these products, all containing files with extensions like .xdrmtl, .xspext, .xtmswl, .xvbdbl. They clearly point to these effects.

So It seems the stomps are all there, except they will not show in my AmpliTube Interface.
a210

Postby danwhite1111@gmail.com » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:30 pm

I can confrim that the resources, presets etc are on my system too, but I can't access them in the plugin.
As you rightly say, according to the 5 max page on the website it very much looks like these stomps should be included.
Would be great to get some clarity on this.
Cheers
Dan
danwhite1111@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:32 pm

There are lists of exactly what is in each version on the AmpliTube 5 page. Those are conclusive and the X-GEAR virtual pedals are not there (as they were released after AmpliTube 5 MAX).

The Gear page you speak of says this at the top of the list:

All available gear from the AmpliTube locker can be seen below.

Please note there are several versions of AmpliTube 5 with different gear included.

Sorry that was not clear for you, I will relay your comments to the team to see if they would like to improve the text there. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby a210 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Hi Peter,

We have entered a discussion of semantics.Okay.

Please clarify which version of AmpliTube, in the comparison overview, actually says: this version includes or not includes the X-series?
If you can point that out, I can agree I can have misunderstood the information available. Case closed.
This info is just not there.

The comparison overview induces the notion: AmpliTube5MAX includes: √√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√ ######## everything here. Or did IK Multimedia redefine: "MAX"?

Can you also point out where it says:
"Please note:"The contents of IK Multimedia software collections is almost always fixed when the collection is first released (release date)" and "The X-Series (release date) were released after AT5 MAX" "therefore don't expect them to be in the bundle.
This info is not there either.

This promo video (24 sept 2021) says X-series is included in AmpliTube 5.1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6yR9ESK90
Did we buy AmpliTube 5.0? Where is that stated?

How predictable is a rule as it contains: "almost always"?
How should we know when what was released and in which order?
Why do we download resources for stuff that is not included?

Your policies cause frustrations after transactions have been completed. You should be frank and clear about your policies upfront and.
I think you can not expect your customers to know your secret marketing strategies, as some governments expect their citizens to know the ever changing law.

Keep up making brilliant gear. I think it still was a rather good deal.

I suggest your marketing does better than improving the text. Be generous. This is really not good. (but they definitely should improve that text)
a210

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:55 pm

^^^^
Part of my post was quoted above. Please note that that is my understanding; I am not employed by IK Multimedia.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby a210 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:59 pm

Sorry DarkStar,

I appreciate you were trying to clarify. Thanks
a210

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:38 pm

The info is on the AmpliTube 5 pages, specific lists of gear in each version. You can view them any time. It isn't semantics.

I will relay your confusion with the content you mention and let people here know you thought X-GEAR virtual pedals were included in AmpliTube 5 MAX. Thank you. Marking this thread as resolved.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling