ToneX for iOS is Out!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX for iOS is Out!

Postby thomas.brunkard » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:27 am

...and it is AWESOME!

I'm very close now to gigging with an iPad with my iPhone as backup. The sound, stability and the flexibility of it as an AUV3 plugin is astonishing.

I made a rough film of a potential rig here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQKLtmP4B0

I have the "Turn The AC ON!" model loaded in AUM Mixer. I'm using an impulse response I made of a signal chain in my main rig on two instances of the amp. One of the amps has FAC Chorus in the front. Instant Brian May circa 1984!

I've a lot more exploring to do but this is game changing.

It's outrageously good. Well done guys!
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Re: ToneX for iOS is Out!

Postby MaxTwang » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 pm

Does this require purchasing a 2nd license for everything I've purchased for Tonex desktop? I already purchased Tonex Max Desktop then installed the iOS app and logged in then Restore Purchases but it looks like my Tonex Max desktop purchase doesn't apply to the iOS app.
Last edited by MaxTwang on Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxTwang

Postby thomas.brunkard » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:03 pm

MaxTwang wrote:Does this require purchasing a 2nd license for everything I've purchased for Tonex desktop? I already purchased Tonex Max, do I have to pay again?

It synchronises with your IK Multimedia account so you have the same access.
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Postby MaxTwang » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:15 pm

thomas.brunkard wrote:
MaxTwang wrote:Does this require purchasing a 2nd license for everything I've purchased for Tonex desktop? I already purchased Tonex Max, do I have to pay again?

I'll have to check again tomorrow. I've logged into my IK Account in the iOS app and restored purchases (3 times) but iOS Tonex still wants me to purchase Tonex Max in the app to use the ODS models.
MaxTwang

Postby thomas.brunkard » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:34 am

MaxTwang wrote:
thomas.brunkard wrote:

I'll have to check again tomorrow. I've logged into my IK Account in the iOS app and restored purchases (3 times) but iOS Tonex still wants me to purchase Tonex Max in the app to use the ODS models.

Sounds like you're in support ticket territory. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
thomas.brunkard

Postby vince71665 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:23 pm

Mine isn't having that issue. It will register the product after I login just fine. The only issue I'm having is that my ToneNet downloads aren't syncing over to it. It's definitely an awesome app though! I've contacted support to see what they say.

The only other thing that would be nice is if they could add the thumbs up field, so you know how many likes a certain ToneNet profile has gotten.. like the PC version has.

What would be the best pedal setup for using this live though? I'm thinking you'd still have to have Amplitube 5 right? so you can load up the amps and have effects etc? and to have banks to toggle etc.. ?
vince71665

Postby MaxTwang » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:53 pm

Update to my prior post about Tonex Max desktop purchase not updating on my iPhone: I installed Tonex iOS on my iPad and it registered correctly - Under Store I see 'Restore Purchases' but not offered to purchase Tonex packs, and ODS models in Tonex Max are available.

I deleted Tonex on my iPhone then re-downloaded on App Store, registered the new download and waited for ToneNet to sync then everything on the iPhone was registered and Tonex Max purchases are now available.
MaxTwang

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling