Lack of Tonex content from IK is bewildering

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Lack of Tonex content from IK is bewildering

Postby alanreigh » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:38 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the lack of content from IK regarding Tonex completely bewildering??
Before launch, we got more than a few slick promo videos. Since launch we got 1 "Introducing Tonex" video, which was also just a promo, and then nothing.

I've been very vocal on here about how much I love this product. I really do. However, there have been enough questions generated here in the nearly 2 months since launch, that you would have expected some official IK content by now. But nothing!!

Again, is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that IK are not screaming this product from the rooftops??
alanreigh

Re: Lack of Tonex content from IK is bewildering

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:12 pm

Well, there are potentially quite a lot of stock IK-made Tonex models built into the product, especially with the "Max" version, but even the "regular" version has quite a lot. Presumably IKM had to make a choice between pre-bundling tone models into the product or releasing additional models after the product release and went (probably wisely) with the former. It would obviously make a certain amount of sense for IKM to release additional models eventually, just as they release new models for AmpliTube in-between product releases, though I suppose they are actually waiting while the current flood of user-made tone models swirls through the cloud.

While there are certainly amps/pedals/etc. I would love to see captured in Tonex models that don't yet seem well represented in either IK's stock models or user-generated models, I would actually even more like to see 1) better integration with AmpliTube (which I know IKM says is coming -- but I would still like to actually see it), and 2) better search/filter controls for ToneNET (which still seem weirdly primitive and hard to use in the ways one would want to use them).
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby ebiggins » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:00 pm

I agree, while I love toneX some of the Captures in the Max are way less than inspiring. They did something like 15 captures of a Hot Rod Deluxe which are a dime a dozen at a guitar center and only 2 captures of the Mezzabarba M-Zero and 2 captures of the Mezzabarba Trinity which are amps you don't see sitting around at Guitar Center or any any other chain retailer.

I really wanted a lot more of this amp and other amps like Metropoulos, a Gibson GA-20, Reinhardt, Suhr, PRS Hendrix, Hughes & Kettner, and a better representation of the wide variety and history of Marshall Amplification.

I fell for the marketing hype of 400 amps in the Max Bundle and really should of done my homework on getting that bundle. I really think I would of been happy with the SE version.

I'm really super impressed with the product not so much with the IK content. I'm hoping that they make some adjustments.
ebiggins

Postby carlaz » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Despite there actually being a lot of Marshall-based models in the AmpliTube lineup, I also nevertheless feel that somehow Marshall is underrepresented! :? I think this might be just because of the awesome number of different amps Marshall has produced over the years. :lol:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby huli50 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 pm

I think many of the IK Tone Models that they included in the different tiers were models they may have already had when doing the IRs for Amplitube 5. The capture technology was probably prevalent when developing Amplitube 5, and now they've figured out how to enable the users to capture their own gear with ToneX. So when they released ToneX it was probably pretty easy to get a bunch of Tone Models released using the captures they did during Amplitube 5 development. That's my speculation, at least.

I think it's pretty genius actually. By enabling users to capture their own gear, they now have the AT user group developing new 'Amplitube' gear as well, making it even more exciting to own both.
huli50

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:18 pm

TONEX wasn't used for any cabinets (well anything) in AmpliTube 5. The cabinets are 600+ IRs per speaker taken using our documented (video available on our YouTube channel) special "robot" for accuracy and efficiency.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:24 pm

And I like the Cab Section in AmpliTube. I actually would like to see more Tonex models that are amps without cabs because I often think "Oh, this sounds interesting, but I wonder how it would be with different cabs/speakers ....." :geek:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling