Default AmpliTube Sample Rate Issues + Metal Distortion 2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Default AmpliTube Sample Rate Issues + Metal Distortion 2

Postby Davidryanpaul1 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:18 pm

Hello all,

I recently got AmpliTube 5 Max. For the most part, it works great with no issues.

Issue #1: When I try to use Metal Distortion 2 (HM2), with the default sample rate of 88k, it crashes AmpliTube 5 within 20 or so seconds (weird feedback loops, etc, no matter what other gear I'm using it with). As far as I can tell, it's the only pedal that causes this problem. I can get the pedal to work by changing my sample rate to 96k - everything works fine. So that is one work around. I'm assuming I shouldn't *have* to do this workaround, so guidance here is appreciated.

Issue #2: Regarding the issue above - when I set my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) to 96k it stays at this sample rate *until* I launch Amplitube 5, which seems to force my Focusrite back to 88k, then I have to manually switch it back to 96k. This seems like a laborious workaround. I've set the sample rate for my Focusrite via two ways. The first, by accessing the settings via the system tray. The second, by accessing it via AmpliTubue 5 settings/control panel, which just pulls up the same Focusrite settings menu that I get from my systems tray.

So a quick recap:
- Metal Distortion 2 will only work at 96k sample rate. Is this a bug or by design?
- Amplitube 5 seems to be resetting my Focusrite back to 88k every time I launch the app - is there a way to make 96k the default setting where it won't switch back (so I can use the Metal Distortion 2 pedal more easily)?

System:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Win 10 Pro 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
32.0 GB

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen):
Firmware: 1605 Driver: 4.65.5
Sample Rate 88k/96k (see above issues)
Buffer Size: 1024 (bumpbed this up from default 512)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-DRP
Davidryanpaul1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling