Got TONEX MAXX up and running proper!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Got TONEX MAXX up and running proper!

Postby jhall123 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:58 am

I was struggling quite q bit with this. I had the famous hang up on "creating network" problem.
I have an i7 based computer with a GForce 1030 GPU with 2gigs of ram and the computer has 32gigs of ram.
I bought a second license to try in my i5 based laptop with 8gigs of ram and it wouldn't hang on
creating network but took about four hours to create a profile on default. Very frustrating to say the least. I was suspicious that my video card was the problem so I removed it and plugged my monitor into the onboard card. That worked and cut the profile time down to 1hour and 45 minutes on default.
I then had the thought that I should check on the date of the most up to date NVIDIA drivers.
Mine was quite a bit older than the most current version so I updated the drivers from NVIDIA.
THAT WAS THE SECRET SAUCE! I now can create a profile on default in about ten minutes!
SUCCESS!
By the way, this profiling software is crazy accurate. I made a profile of my Marshall Studio Vintage 20 and at the part where TONEX has you do a side by side I couldn't hear a difference at all! That's amazing. I'm hoping IK keeps working on this and really really irons the bugs out of this because it is for real excellent profiling software.
jhall123

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling