Amplitube Leslie and Cubase Automation

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Leslie and Cubase Automation

Postby d172 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:38 am

Man this has been a long three days in trying to find answers for Automation of this Plugin.
Sounds like there is no end of heartache and disappointment out there. Anyway, the point of this post is not to rehash what has already been said.

I am elated to discover that, for my set up in Cubase 10, with MAUDIO Hammer 88 running B3X as the front end, I can automate the Amplitube Leslie SLOW/FAST. In Amplitube I configure Parameter 1 for SPEED and then set PARAMETER 1 as a Cubase Quick Control and it works flawlessly via the Mod Wheel on the H88. Saving all possible preset areas keeps it all coming back without flaw. I can even set a foot switch geared for the Modulation CC1 and it also works flawlessly.

Now... it seems that the Midi control for Amplitube Leslie Speed Control is "hardwired" for MIDI CC1. Because it doesn't matter what I set the CC Parameter to on the Leslie... my Mod wheel on the H88 still makes it run as expected.

Here is my questions...
I also want to set a MIDI control for the BRAKE. I am thinking it is also "hardwired" for a certain MIDI CC# but I cannot find it. I try to set it up as a Quick Control in Cubase just the way I did with the Leslie Speed Parameter but irregardless of what CC# I assign in the Parameter Section of the Leslie, I cannot for the life of me get that to work.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. LOVE LOVE LOVin the Leslie. WIll give it a 100% if I can get that Brake going.

Cheers
Darryl
d172

Re: Amplitube Leslie and Cubase Automation

Postby darkogav » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:20 pm

yes. you can automate the brake on and off. in cubase, when you load the plugin, check the tracks lanes. it should be there.
darkogav

Postby d172 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:40 pm

darkogav thank you for your reply. Yes, correct. I can score the brake automation in a Cubase lane after the recording is done, but I can't make any changes live on the fly. That is what I want to do. I can do it no problem with the FAST/SLOW set to Moducation CC1, but can't seem to find a way with the BRAKE.

Any help on that?

Darryl
d172

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:46 am

Did you check control tab? At 13:10 in this video.

https://youtu.be/-nGEQriFS_g?t=794
darkogav

Postby d172 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:54 am

Yup... been through that video a few times wondering what I missed. It appears that the Guitar elements got the major focus. I don't know if it is something to do with the Leslie Cabinet but the Midi Learn does not work. Nor is there any "Assign midi" in any of the drop boxes on the Leslie Cabinets.

??

Darryl
d172

Postby darkogav » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:09 am

It seems to work. But you need to add a MIDI track to control AT5. MIDI learn works then. I posted a screen shot. I used Speed and Break parameters under Cab1. The input of the MIDI track is your midi controller and the output is AT5 MIDI in. Hope this helps.

https://i.imgur.com/ZU2to7q.jpeg
darkogav

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling