Tonex profiling snag

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex profiling snag

Postby jhall123 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:45 pm

I have an i7 based computer with 24GB/RAM 1TB SS HDD.
I have TONEX MAXX (bought yesterday 11-5-2022).
I tried a capture of my Marshall Origin20 without cab (I prefer to use Cab ir's such as OwnHammer, Redwirez, Two Notes Wall of Sound ect). All seems to go well I can hear the profiling file play and sound like my amp without a cab comming out of the moniters. I can see the progress circle fully complete and show the green checkmark. I proceed to the profile window and click it to "train". At this point it spent two hours hung up on "Creating Network".
Tried it twice with the same result. Is this common? Or is it me?
jhall123

Re: Tonex profiling snag

Postby biddi4 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:41 am

I had similar problem. I had an i7 with only 12gb of ram, and everything worked fine but my training times were super long. Like 8 hrs.
Anyway, IK support finally suggested that my graphics card was why my times were so slow. So, I got a new card. Put it in, and suddenly it would just hang at creating network, just like you.
So, just for the hell of it, I added just 4gb more of RAM, which was all my system could fit to max it out. I figured I should do that anyway and if it didn't help, I was going to take out the new graphics card and just deal with the slow training times.
But, low and behold, just adding the ram was all I needed to do. It takes about a minute or so at creating network and then it begins training with super fast speeds.
So, look at the specs for your pc and max out your RAM and see if it helps.
And/or contact IK support. They're pretty helpful.
biddi4

Re: Tonex profiling snag

Postby jhaas » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:23 am

Another possible cause is your interface’s Sample Rate. The learning phase only works at 44.1khz. If your interface is set to something else, you might experience the behavior you’re seeing.
IK has published a knowledge base article on this.
jhaas

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling