Amplitube 5 - static noise on monitors

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 - static noise on monitors

Postby edievilmont » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 am

I have Amplitube 5, authorized purchased version, I only can listening through headphones, if I put it on monitors the static white noise and unpleasant noise comes up on the speakers.
It is like the system is not recognizing that I have a purchased and upgraded the version.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks
edievilmont

Re: Amplitube 5 - static noise on monitors

Postby Fortress22 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:03 am

Hi, I purchased Amplitube 5 awhile back and still can't get it to work. Horrible crackling that tech support apparently just gave up on trying to solve. My hardware is not the latest or greatest but is pretty strong. Win 10 on amd ryzen 5 3600x has 16gigs memory. Runs other guitar sims with no issues. I really wanted to explore A5 but this has been terribly disappointing
Fortress22

Postby edievilmont » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:58 am

Hi,
I’m with you on that, first I ran it on windows 7, the software was unable to even start, I contacted tech support, they kindly provided recommendations, we were going back and forth with no results, I decided to call my IT guy that I know for many years, he advised me to install windows 10, we did everything with my IT guy to get it to work with windows 7 but no luck, then I decided to blow away all my installed softwares and going through the pain to install windows 10, well this was not even recommended by tech support.. I would have been still on window 7 trying to get it to start. This change made the software run finally, at this time my IT already charged me $150 to do this, which is cheap based on the time he spent to try to help me. Now it runs but I only can play my guitar with headphones, if I try any speaker, it pops, static noise, it feels I am damaging my monitor speakers. With all this experience I certainly would have stayed playing with my tube Marshall Amps, mesa Boogies or Fenders. I am so disappointed.
If you are trying to land a 747 in a busy city, how many exchange emails you will need to have a safe landing? The truth of the matter is this software needs dedicated one to one tech support with team viewer or any other remote plug in to trouble shoot the myriad of adjustments they need to do with your computer and the software. I am still hoping one day I will be able to listen on my monitors a clean guitar sound as it is designed by A5.
They should offer remote access with a fair charge for people that can afford this service and is not willing to wait months or not even be able to use the software at all. God help us.
edievilmont

Postby Fortress22 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Indeed. Feel better thinking it's not just me because I just don't see that many having problems with it. Do wish they would see these complaints if they are few as it appears, & help or offer a refund if necessary
Fortress22

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:10 pm

Fortress22 wrote:Indeed. Feel better thinking it's not just me because I just don't see that many having problems with it. Do wish they would see these complaints if they are few as it appears, & help or offer a refund if necessary

Hi, IK has a support department that will happily help you with this and any problems you have. I would suggest reaching out to them via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support (you will need to search the FAQ first and if you don't find the answer there you'll be presented with a link/button to contact support to open a ticket). I'm sure they can assist.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling