How to jump inputs

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How to jump inputs

Postby Moe Fury » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:03 pm

I see where people mention jumping the inputs on 4 input amps like Marshall and HiAmp, but cannot find how you do it. I've tried clicking all of the things, but alas none of them did what i asked. Please help!

Thanks!
Moe Fury

Re: How to jump inputs

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:26 pm

I think only the JH Gold model has the option for jump-able inputs.

That said, being a bit of a fan of AmpliTube's "vintage" amp-model offerings, I'd love to see updated models based on "4-hole" amps that also allowed this capacity.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Moe Fury » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Well, dang. C’mon IK. Give us some patch cables. The jumped sound of a Hiwatt is amazing.

I guess the only way to do it now would be to duplicate the track and run two instances of the amp, one in each input? Or would that not accomplish the same thing?

Thanks!
Moe Fury

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:15 pm

I think that's different. I'm less familiar with real vintage HiWatts, but certainly on a 4-hole Marshall (and things that they directly imitated, e.g. Fender Bassman, or that directly imitated them, like Laneys of the same era) you've got a "bright" channel and a "non-bright" channel, each with a low-sensitivity and a high-sensitivity input. I think various Vox AC-30 models had 4-inputs, but I am less certain about how they worked; I think some models had separate "normal" and "vibrato" channels, while others had "normal" and "top boost" channels.

AFAIK, the JH Gold (basically the Hendrixized JTM 45/100) models the high-sensitivity inputs (I assume) on both the "bright" channel and a "non-bright" channel. You can chose the channel with a switch on the GUI. There is also a GUI "Bridge" switch, which lets you simulate the effect of jumping the low-sensitivity input from whichever channel is selected to the high-sensitivity input of the other channel.

The HiAmp lets you switch between a "bright" channel and a "non-bright" channel using interface switches, but there are no options for jumping from the other inputs.

The '59 Bassman model only simulates the 'bright' channel (though the GUI shows a non-functional additional input); so, there's nothing to jump in this model. (Other AmpliTube models of Batsman's ... Bassmen? Well, they don't have additional channel/input options either.)

I think the only 4-input amps that are really in any way modeled in AmpliTube are the JH Gold (the most "realistic" in terms of controls), the HiAmp (next most "realistic" controls), the '59 Bassman (only 1 channel), and perhaps some of the AC-30 models (though I think none of these model channel jumping) Technically, the original British Lead S100 model represents a 4-input Marshall, though this is basically an older model that was effectively replaced by the JH Gold.

The Vintage Metal Lead is basically a later '70s, early master-volume Marshall, and those had two inputs in real life, I think. As best as I remember, most Marshall heads (Super Lead, SuperBass, PA, etc.) from the later '60s to the introduction of master volume controls around 1976 had 4 inputs, but none of these are explicitly modeled in AmpliTube. :shock:

As mentioned, early Laneys (which were basically copying Marshalls) likewise had 4 inputs, but there are no Laneys modeled in AmpliTube either. :shock:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Moe Fury » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:47 pm

Thanks again for your time and insight! Great stuff!
Moe Fury

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling