Why it's crackling so much???

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Why it's crackling so much???

Postby BurakHanTD0 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

Why is ampitube 5 crackling so much even if i set the sample rate and latency to 1024 it still doesn't solve the problem. It's not hardware issue i guess because if it's a hardware problem sample rate increase would solve the problem. And audio is not clipping. I think amplitube or guitar has a problem with this. If i put my finger on low E string all the noise goes away (I don't know if it's normal or not) İ'll put some example here hope someone can help me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bIN22g5lDuX6aKtBYEPBxvr6_SNDUWNt/view?usp=share_link In FL Studio with tapping my finger and strumming

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vZE3f18w0OTYG2zRuh6W2kymWGpb1Z2f/view?usp=share_link Audio coming from audio interface
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1av3kd_tVZ7F9N5kY09mY6E05v7U2HzmL/view?usp=sharing Recorded and exported in Amplitube 5 with 1024
BurakHanTD0

Re: Why it's crackling so much???

Postby Timo2019 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:39 pm

"finger on the 'E' string" sounds like a ground fault.
Timo2019

Postby BurakHanTD0 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:50 pm

Timo2019 wrote:"finger on the 'E' string" sounds like a ground fault.

I really don't know but i aggre with you. Because i didn't clean my guitar like 9-10 months and i have very dusty place. Since sample rate won't solve the problem i thought it's about the guitar. But i had to be sure about this because guitar centers cost too much here.
BurakHanTD0

Postby Timo2019 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:00 pm

First try a different cord. What interface are you using?
Timo2019

Postby BurakHanTD0 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:12 pm

I'm using Behringer um2. I didn't hear the cracks before but now i can't play and record without hearing it. But i think if it's a interface problem then i should be able to hear it with clean input from interface but i'm not hearing kind of thing and that's made me think it's the guitar's problem

FL studio (FL STUDIO ASIO/ ASIO4ALL) Tried both driver and results same
Behringer um2
Amplitube 5
BurakHanTD0

Postby Timo2019 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:24 pm

Start simple, cord first. Wiggle cord at jack input at both guitar and interface. (BTW, I'm a luthier, that's why I'm making any suggestions.) Try to isolate the issue source. If you're touching the strings, bridge or pots improves the 'crackling' then it IS a ground issue.
Timo2019

Postby BurakHanTD0 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:41 pm

Timo2019 wrote:Start simple, cord first. Wiggle cord at jack input at both guitar and interface. (BTW, I'm a luthier, that's why I'm making any suggestions.) Try to isolate the issue source. If you're touching the strings, bridge or pots improves the 'crackling' then it IS a ground issue.

I checked it and i think cord isn't the problem. In the audio example i upload on here i tap and a string and all the noise sort of gone. (Every string on my guitar does this i guess) I can't check bridge or pots right now but when i turn up the volume knob i can hear clearly the problems. But i think when i set it lower (3-5) i guess crackles are gone or the interface too. But i'm not sure about this because the audio is too low. But if it's clipping or something then audio interface should light up red but it doesn't (Or DAW). It's really weird thing. But i think it's ground issue as you said. Btw thank you for trying to help me with my issue. I've been asking and searcing quite few days and no one helped me
BurakHanTD0

Postby Timo2019 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:47 pm

All good, you might try a different guitar if possible. If the problem follows new guitar, the we know it is not the guitar.
Timo2019

Postby BurakHanTD0 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:54 pm

Timo2019 wrote:All good, you might try a different guitar if possible. If the problem follows new guitar, the we know it is not the guitar.

I don't have second guitar. But i'll try to check bridge and pots again tomorrow. I'll turn down the volume on guitar then i'll just add more gain in the interface. If noise and everyting countinues to show up i guess the guitar is the problem. But i don't know much about the ground issue (Like is it going to continue with lower volumes). I'll update you tomorrow with the results. Thank you for helping me again. Have a good day
BurakHanTD0

Postby BurakHanTD0 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:22 pm

Timo2019 wrote:All good, you might try a different guitar if possible. If the problem follows new guitar, the we know it is not the guitar.

Hey i tried playing with volume but i think it doesn't change much. I use Fender Bassman in the Clean amp's section but pretty much all the amps do this. (Fender vibro-king and so much more) But some of them does not make crackling sound or i couldn't hear it. (Fender princeton etc.)
Also with American Clean MKIII amp when i select pull option on middle knob the cracks so it must be a problem with mid frequencies and this might be the why i couldn't hear it with some amps. But here are the some audio test i made with interface and guitar volume.

Interface Volume:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yZOaQBqGufOpFSWzMBoF1U_Iyyyu5c0I/view?usp=sharing (Audio is not clipping, just my normal setting and the other ones i use limiter to clearly hear the difference, Volume goes down to like 1-.05 at the end)

Guitar Volume:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m6Zhd1TtvPUEzBFERztqfdC17-SrpGlW/view?usp=sharing (Still not clipping and used limiter at the end, Volume goes down to 10 to 3-2)

I hope it helps you to understand what the issue is. I think it's grounding but i'm not sure.
BurakHanTD0

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling