Tonex capture with other reamping devices

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex capture with other reamping devices

Postby JackGasoline » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:11 pm

Hello,

I am thinking of getting Tonex to capture my vintage Vox amps, but I already own a lot of audio interfaces and re-amping/loadbox gear (Two Notes Captor, Weber Mass, Radial X-amp, ART DualRDB).
Would this be possible with ay of this gear? What would be the routing to use? What connects to what?

I hope someone can help! Thanks!

Jack
JackGasoline

Re: Tonex capture with other reamping devices

Postby dean.winter » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:24 pm

JackGasoline wrote:Hello,

I am thinking of getting Tonex to capture my vintage Vox amps, but I already own a lot of audio interfaces and re-amping/loadbox gear (Two Notes Captor, Weber Mass, Radial X-amp, ART DualRDB).
Would this be possible with ay of this gear? What would be the routing to use? What connects to what?

I hope someone can help! Thanks!

Jack

Hi JackGasoline,
Yep, captures with load boxes work just fine. I'm actually doing one as I type this. In my case I use my load box (UAD OX) to get a direct, no cabinet signal from an amp to use with other speaker cabs, IRs, or emulations. For full amp and speaker models I use real mics and whatnot, but you could certainly use a load box, and the routing will work exactly the same way it does with mics.

It would look something like this if I were to do an amp+speaker model with my OX:
Guitar into a DI and then an input on my interface
An output from the interface to a reamp box (Little Labs Red Eye in my case)
Reamp box to the amp
Amp to load box
Load box to one or two inputs on the Interface

Note that this is exactly the same way I'd do it with a 57 and a 121 or whatever, I'm just going from a load box -> interface instead of mics -> preamps -> interface.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions or want screenshots or something let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Dean
dean.winter

Postby JackGasoline » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:49 pm

Thanks for all the info! I am going to give it a try like that!
JackGasoline

Postby jhall123 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:17 pm

I use a Two Notes Capture as a reactive load box and an eleven rack with all efx and sims disabled as the reamp box. Works brilliantly. The few profiles I made (a few "tests" with my
Marshall JMP Studio Vintage 20 are so accurate it's spooky. When I played through the profile I got stuck playing for hours with a stupid grin on my face.
If you don't have a two notes and an eleven Rack that thingie that IK makes for TONEX captures looks real good. I'm not sure it is a load box though so you may not be able to do "silent captures" and 20db attenuation is still real loud if you are profiling a cranked hundred watt head!
Hell even my 20 watt SV head is annoyingly loud in the room at 20db attenuation.
jhall123

Postby wildmilne71 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:08 am

How do you hook it up if you want to bake in a favorite IR as well?

Thanks!
wildmilne71

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling