What happened to the Ampeg amp/cab models?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

What happened to the Ampeg amp/cab models?

Postby emurphy94108 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:30 am

Specifically, the SVT-VR amp/cab and B-15N amp/cab? I purchased both about 4–5 years ago, but they're not longer in my gear. Moreover, they don't even seem to be available from the Custom Shop. Have these models been discontinued? If so, what happened to the gear credits I used to buy them?
emurphy94108

Re: What happened to the Ampeg amp/cab models?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:35 am

I vaguely recall that they got renamed.

SVX_VR and ??
SVX-15N and SVX-115

For a definitive answer, please contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby emurphy94108 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:02 am

Thanks; it looks like that's what happened. As I recall, both the SVT-VR and the B-15N were originally certified models with Ampeg livery; apparently that's no longer the case. Presumably the sound is the same though.
emurphy94108

Postby machinated » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:30 am

Ampeg changed ownership. I think there's still some licenced stuff with plugin alliance/brainworx but presumably theyre under the same umbrella as the line 6 stuff going forward.
machinated

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling