Tonex and ASIO direct monitoring

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex and ASIO direct monitoring

Postby dean.winter » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi folks,
Is anyone else seeing Tonex enabling straight through ASIO input monitoring on every input for their audio interfaces? That is, when you open Tonex, does it immediately begin to monitor input 1 to output 1, input 2 to output 2, etc?

I ask because it seems to be doing that on my system for all 192 inputs and outputs, which is.....well, problematic for variety of reasons. It's not a complete show stopper, but the routing loops it sometimes causes are not super fun when blasting out the Genelecs. It also makes all my other channels useless when using Tonex.

For example, I currently have Tonex set up to use input 7 for the instrument input, and outputs 51 and 52 for the output device. Theoretically it should ONLY be interacting with those channels. Instead, what's happening is every last input is monitored to every last output. Mic plugged into input 67? Monitored to output 67. Distressors on 21 and 22? Monitored to outputs 21 and 22.

I realize my setup is likely a bit different from lots of other folks, so figured I'd see if it's happening to anyone else, and if IK can do something about it.

For reference, I'm using an RME MADI FX going to my converters. Windows 10.

Thanks,
Dean
dean.winter

Re: Tonex and ASIO direct monitoring

Postby outloaf » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:54 pm

I literally just gave up trying to problem solve this one. The mic input channels are being looped/forwarded back out their corresponding outputs which creates a feedback loop. I am also using a RME (Fireface UCX).
Last edited by outloaf on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outloaf

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:56 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dean.winter » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 am

Thanks, Peter and outloaf.
Anyone else able to confirm this behavior is NOT present on a non-RME interface?

Dean
dean.winter

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling