Tonex SE

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex SE

Postby Jedanor » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Posted this in another area and found this area. I have the Tonex hardware which says it comes with Tonex SE that allows unlimited user preset downloads. Yet, it just told me I can only have a max of 20 downloads, which I believe is a limitation of a lower version of Tonex. Did I read the specs wrong and is this a download limited version?
Jedanor

Re: Tonex SE

Postby jhaas » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:26 pm

I have the Tonex Capture hardware as well, with Tonex SE. It does allow unlimited downloads.
It seems you're system doesn't recognize SE is installed, and is behaving like you're running the CS version. Did you explicitly install Tonex SE?
jhaas

Postby Jedanor » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:06 pm

I only found a download for Tonex. Not Tonex SE. But it says it is registered and my app says everything is up to date. So I'm unsure where I went wrong here.
Jedanor

Postby jhaas » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:35 pm

In the IK Product Manger, click "Products" under Tonex. Do you see TONEX SE listed there?
This is what I see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k409sw0v4jjk3ry/IK_PM_Tonex.jpg?dl=0
jhaas

Postby Jedanor » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:37 pm

That is how mine looks as well, but when I went to do my 21st download of user presets it stated I can only do a max of 20. So I still must be doing something wrong.
Jedanor

Postby jhaas » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Jedanor wrote:That is how mine looks as well, but when I went to do my 21st download of user presets it stated I can only do a max of 20. So I still must be doing something wrong.

Bummer. sounds like a job for IK support.
Did you try clicking "Restore Purchases" from the Tonex Account tab? The only other thing I can think of, is if you have two accounts with IKM, maybe you're connected to Tone.Net with the wrong one?
jhaas

Postby Jedanor » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:53 pm

I will try that. I recall it "knowing" I have SE and not Max when clicking on the IK presets (not user ones). So IDK. Maybe it is a bug in the software. Thank you for your help.

Peter, if you are reading this, can you lend me a hand?
Jedanor

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Jedanor wrote:I will try that. I recall it "knowing" I have SE and not Max when clicking on the IK presets (not user ones). So IDK. Maybe it is a bug in the software. Thank you for your help.

Peter, if you are reading this, can you lend me a hand?

I would not be able to suggest anything except the restore purchases (or an unauthorize then reauthorize in IK Product Manager). Beyond that you'd need to consult with the IK Support team who have many more tricks up their sleeve for diagnosing issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joham777 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:43 pm

Same issue here. Bought Capture, can see both CS and SE in the Product Manager. Ran out of downloads and opened a ticket on October 7th. No reply from support yet, just sent a reminder today. I'm sure it will eventually be solved, but would really appreciate some kind of message that my ticket is being acknowledged and worked on.
joham777

Postby Jedanor » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:54 pm

For my installation on my work computer, I definitely can go to the IK models that say "SE" and have no problems using them. The ones that say "Max" have the hiss and are time limited. I haven't tried to download over 20 presets on my work computer and will check my home computer to see if they behave the same. The Tonex hardware is installed at home, not at work.
Jedanor

Postby joham777 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:57 pm

I also use Tonex on two machines and receive the error message on both. However I'm not sure that I really downloaded 20 profiles on each machine or whether it adds the downloads of both.
joham777

Postby Jedanor » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:45 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one here having this issue. I suspect it is a bug.
Jedanor

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:57 pm

Both should report to IK Support and/or reply to any existing ticket. There seem to be differences in each issue and by the way the 20 downloads limit is for CS users and that is for the account, not for each install just to be clear. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jedanor » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:35 pm

Done. Hopefully it is a simple bug. I have uninstalled and reinstalled before. As well as activated/deactivated then reactivated.
Jedanor

Postby joham777 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:17 am

Support provided a solution. More than 20 downloads work for me now.
joham777

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling