Training speeds compared to processor an ram

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Training speeds compared to processor an ram

Postby biddi4 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:07 pm

I'm having trouble getting my speeds down for training.
My integrated video card worked on all training speeds, be the best quality one took over hours.
So, with ik multimedia help, I decided to get a better graphics card. Well, now I can only train in fast mode and the sound quality just isn't there.

I'm just wondering if it's my not so impressive amount of Ram, currently 12gb, or my processor i7-7700 3.6ghz.
I have more ram coming today that will allow me to have the max of 16gb. I know, amazing, lol.
That's all she'll allow!

I have had NO problems with my daw, AmpliTube, synths, nothing. System runs great. 15-20 tracks, tons of plugins, no prob. So I don't get what's going on here.

So, what does anyone think about my specs? The pc is only 3 years old. Shouldn't have to replace it yet.
The new graphics card is Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Phoenix 4gb. New, but not their fastest card.
biddi4

Re: Training speeds compared to processor an ram

Postby biddi4 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:26 pm

OK, well Amazon delivered!

As I said, my system came with 12gb of RAM. Nothing ever seemed to struggle so I left it alone.

Then, when I got tonex, it just wouldn't train in any speed but fast.
This was with the new video card that the support guy suggested. The built in graphics card actually worked fine, just PAINFULLY slow. More than 8hrs.

Anyway, while I was waiting for further advice from IK, I decided to max out my RAM by pulling out the 4GB stick and putting in the 8GB one I got today.

Guess what? It frickin WORKED!

2 minutes for basic
5 minutes for default
20 minutes for advanced!

Consider me a happy customer!

I think IK might have to update the minimum requirements to 16gb of RAM.
biddi4

Postby outloaf » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:59 pm

Those are insanely fast training times. I wonder why my 3080ti and i9 10850k are taking longer than yours though - 7 min for default and 45 min for advanced.
outloaf

Postby biddi4 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:06 pm

Ya, I don't know.
Keep in mind I started with 8 hour times.
Then was convinced to upgrade the video card makes of all things. Actually got worse until I increased my RAM to 16gb.

Something about the ram and the video card makes the difference.

Just looked up your specs. Holy cow! Rocket ship.

Update all drivers and then contact IK.
I imagine you have plenty of Ram.

There's a post above about UAD interfaces having trouble.
biddi4

Postby outloaf » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:39 pm

32 gigs of ram so I'm not sure what the holdup is.. I wonder if it has anything to do with my card being LHR.., I'm okay with the times on default but the 45 minutes for an advanced is just too much.
outloaf

Postby biddi4 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:15 pm

They told me the card has to be CUDA enabled. Look into that
biddi4

Postby RiF_2205 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:01 pm

biddi4 wrote:I'm having trouble getting my speeds down for training.
(..)
So, what does anyone think about my specs? The pc is only 3 years old. Shouldn't have to replace it yet.

My PC is almost 4 years old now. And I am getting < 5 mins in Default and 20 mins in Advanced training (just the training, not counting the 4 mins of capture tones).
I have a Jab 2019 i9-9900K which is a step up but your i7-7700K is a very good CPU still today. Great single-core performance (ideal for audio!) and not too shabby when it comes to multi-core.
I have 32 GB of RAM and TONEX grabbed is just grabbing 15 GB if that during a training that's currently running. So this is definitely something to look into.

biddi4 wrote:The new graphics card is Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Phoenix 4gb. New, but not their fastest card.

I am having the exact same Nvidia chip and did not see anyone with a better card getting better training times. That GPU is perfect, imo.

To sum up:
It's not your GTX 1650, it's perfect.
The i7-7700K is a fine CPU. I have no evidence yet that current top of the line CPUs beat my 4 year old i9-9900K and I doubt that your i7 is holding you back much.
I'd look into your RAM first. I have first hand experience of multiple machines running extremely slow just due to a lack of RAM. This is where I would look into first.
RiF_2205

Postby biddi4 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:31 pm

MutantLabs wrote:
(..)

My PC is almost 4 years old now. And I am getting < 5 mins in Default and 20 mins in Advanced training (just the training, not counting the 4 mins of capture tones).
I have a Jab 2019 i9-9900K which is a step up but your i7-7700K is a very good CPU still today. Great single-core performance (ideal for audio!) and not too shabby when it comes to multi-core.
I have 32 GB of RAM and TONEX grabbed is just grabbing 15 GB if that during a training that's currently running. So this is definitely something to look into.

biddi4 wrote:The new graphics card is Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Phoenix 4gb. New, but not their fastest card.

I am having the exact same Nvidia chip and did not see anyone with a better card getting better training times. That GPU is perfect, imo.

To sum up:
The i7-7700K is a fine CPU. I have no evidence yet that current top of the line CPUs beat my 4 year old i9-9900K and I doubt that your i7 is holding you back much.
I'd look into your RAM first. I have first hand experience of multiple machines running extremely slow just due to a lack of RAM. This is where I would look into first.

Awesome reply! Thanks.
Somewhere in here I updated my situation. I maxed out my RAM from 12 to 16gn, and that did the trick!
I wish I'd have done that day one, but they said the minimum requirements were 4gb, so I didn't think that could be the problem.
Anyway, onward and upward
biddi4

Postby RiF_2205 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:20 pm

biddi4 wrote:
MutantLabs wrote:
(..)

To sum up:

Awesome reply! Thanks.
Somewhere in here I updated my situation. I maxed out my RAM from 12 to 16gn, and that did the trick!
I wish I'd have done that day one, but they said the minimum requirements were 4gb, so I didn't think that could be the problem.
Anyway, onward and upward

Cool!
RiF_2205

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling