Which version of Tonex is included in Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Which version of Tonex is included in Amplitube 5

Postby deckard3 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:09 am

Hi,

Which version of Tonex is included in this version of Amplitube 5?:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ware-suite

Thanks.
deckard3

Re: Which version of Tonex is included in Amplitube 5

Postby garfy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:42 pm

Hello deckard3 and welcome to the forum.

Tonex is not included in AmpliTube 5 as it is a separate piece of software, although if you own both, Tonex can be used inside AT5.

More info can be found here and here
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:13 pm

TONEX CS gives you some great Tone Models to start and they will load inside AmpliTube 5, though.

You can check those out and if you like any of the other Tone Models you can purchase the version of TONEX that contains those (and also the non-CS/non-free versions allow you to capture your own Tone Models).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deckard3 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:43 pm

Thanks!!!!! I'm trying to decide which version to get.
deckard3

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:21 pm

deckard3 wrote:Thanks!!!!! I'm trying to decide which version to get.

Even though I obviously have a bias I can't deny since I work for IK, this is my point/counterpoint for you :)

Point:
dang, the Dumble and Klon Tone Models can make TONEX MAX a no-brainer. They sound great, they're rare and sought-after (not to mention EXPENSIVE - I don't want to say what we paid for the Dumble and we do still own it) in hardware form. I also played the actual Dumble and it is an incredible amp. But it is also not the only thing in MAX that's enticing. There's lots of interesting gear, both expected and unexpected.

Counterpoint:
From day one there have been an incredible amount of users uploading Tone Models of their own gear and both the quality and the variety of gear does not disappoint. If you want to pick up TONEX SE, you'll get a nice base set to Tone Models from us at a great price and if you decide to capture gear you'll have that ability.

Counter-counterpoint:
TONEX MAX is most likely to have long-term benefits down the line as far as value and potential value-adds. If you have AmpliTube 5 MAX you can get $/€50 off TONEX MAX so there's the option to get AmpliTube 5 MAX, then go with TONEX MAX after for the discount there and you'll have more gear than you know what to do with (and you can open TONEX Tone Models inside AmpliTube 5). If you need an audio interface (which also facilitates capturing your gear without needing an extra re-amp box and is generally an amazing interface especially for guitarists) we have an insane deal on AXE I/O + AmpliTube 5 MAX + TONEX MAX.

Wow, I might not have helped as much as I thought I would have there! I hope this doesn't confuse or give you more anxiety about what to go with! That's the opposite of what I intended and I just want you to be aware of these options. I know it can be overwhelming.

Note also that the intro pricing was extended but will end after this month. That's something on the less exciting "bookkeeping" side of things to take into consideration with this decision. Musicians and numbers don't always mix but we also don't like spending more than we need to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deckard3 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:32 am

Thanks fir the helpful info, Peter!!
deckard3

Postby vac713 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:10 pm

buy 'em all and have a blast.... Well worth every penny
vac713

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling