TONEX "hardware exception" (NOT using capture at all)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TONEX "hardware exception" (NOT using capture at all)

Postby livesforrap » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:35 pm

In both Reason 12 and Studio One 5/6 on two different machines with windows 10 or 11 I'm getting a "hardware exception" whenever I either launch it, or re launch the GUI inside of both hosts. Also, this only happens after a while of installing it. At first (just did a clean install for example) it's kosher. Then after a day, or in the win 11 case, it's a few days later :roll:

This doesn't happen with the standalone so far.

I've submitted a ticket to IK but a though occurred to me: Is it somehow not liking the VGA because of graphic card/or even internal GC? Is there a setting somewhere that I can try to fix the error.

It's a long shot posting it here, but it's super annoying!
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Re: TONEX "hardware exception" (NOT using capture at all)

Postby RiF_2205 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:16 am

Same here. From time to time, not always, TONEX crashes when opening the plugin. Standalone seems to work though. Unfortunately, I don't know the reason and the only workaround I have is shutting down the computer and start again. Maybe next day even.
I never did a re-install but it always somehow "healed" itself after some time.
RiF_2205

Postby livesforrap » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:10 pm

MutantLabs wrote:Same here. From time to time, not always, TONEX crashes when opening the plugin. Standalone seems to work though. Unfortunately, I don't know the reason and the only workaround I have is shutting down the computer and start again. Maybe next day even.
I never did a re-install but it always somehow "healed" itself after some time.

Still, if it happens again, please report! They always think I'm the only one with issues :lol:

I too have had the "here it is, no, now it works" thing.

On this computer, I did yet another clean install (win 10) and I'm not touching ANYTHING other than the obvious "high performance" power setting.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the 11 machine yet.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:19 am

Yep, back again.

This puts it in the "nope" category. I can't deal with the crash reports or the stupid popup.

I'm going to link support this thread since there is one other person with the problem.
livesforrap

Postby RiF_2205 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:49 am

I have issued a support ticket for this exact same issue just now.
RiF_2205

Postby hassed » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:34 pm

I have the same problem in Studio one 6 (Windows 10), every time I flip from one plugin like a tuner and back to tonex I get this error "An unexpected error occurred..." I can still work but the next time I start S1 it stops, as it does after a crash and I have to click to continue loading and it drives me crazy.
hassed

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:09 pm

hassed wrote:I have the same problem in Studio one 6 (Windows 10), every time I flip from one plugin like a tuner and back to tonex I get this error "An unexpected error occurred..." I can still work but the next time I start S1 it stops, as it does after a crash and I have to click to continue loading and it drives me crazy.

Please update to 1.0.2 (and update AmpliTube to 5.5.1 if you have it) and try again. If you continue to have errors please report them to IK Support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hassed » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:37 pm

The update seems done the trick, no crash so far.
Thanks.
hassed

Postby giorgos » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:27 pm

I m having the same issue.
Running in or Rog M16 Windows Home 11, ToneX Version 1.2.6

I have also reported it in the FB tonex group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5856155 ... 054786069/

@Peter can you please advise?
giorgos

Postby dclark37 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:36 am

Have any of you had any resolutions on this? My TONEX vst suddenly stopped working and I can't figure it out. I just put in a ticket.
dclark37

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling