Can't get Amplitube 5 Running in Garageband

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can't get Amplitube 5 Running in Garageband

Postby davidjbrown1801 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:37 pm

Hey guys - just hoping there's someone who can help me out, I just went ahead and purchased Amplitube 5 Max off the IK Multimedia website. I got the email with the Serial Number, entered that number into the IK Product Manager, and I was able to open Amplitube 5 on my Mac as a standalone program, but when in Garageband - the plugin version keeps telling me that my trial has expired and that I need to purchase it to access. Can't find any place within the plugin to activate, and the link that is offered to "Buy" the software doesn't work when I click it. Opening the Product manager, I can see that Amplitube 5 is active and registered, but I cannot use the plugin version in Garageband without constantly getting that feedback loop.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed? I deleted Amplitube 5 from my mac as well as the plugin files from garageband and reinstalled - no change. Super frustrating as I just spent 200 bucks and the guitars sound amazing but I can't use the software as I intened. I see that amplitube 5 has a built in DAW but i want to be able to hear my other tracks in garageband when I'm tracking guitar, so that doesnt really help me.

If I went ahead and upgraded to logic, would that solve the problem?? Didn't plan on doing that yet but if I have to I will. I emailed IK support a few days ago already but no response.
davidjbrown1801

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling