A preset I made crashes Tonex - How do I delete it?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

A preset I made crashes Tonex - How do I delete it?

Postby spikey » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:08 pm

I have a preset in Tonex that when I click on it, Tonex immediately crashes to the desktop. I see where I can delete it, but I have to select it 1st, and then when I do it crashes.

I can load the "Tone Model" just fine, but when I call up the Preset is when Tonex crashes "just on that preset". I resaved the tone model to other presets and the only difference between the 1st one and the others is that I used the name (MH Marshall DSL 100H "Head") with quotation marks around the "Head"... The others I saved do not have quotation marks in the name, and they seem to be fine.

Where/How do I delete the file in the presets folder manually where it won't show up? I don't find the folder to do this :?:

Running a 2020 iMac, I7, 64 gigs Ram. Axe I/O interface...

Thanks for any help!

Edited: DO NOT ADD QUOTATION MARKS TO PRESET NAMES! I renamed a preset using quotation marks I had made (without them) just to see if it acted like the other one that crashed to the desktop, and it crashed too!!! And now I have two I can't find a way to delete out of the Presets tab...
spikey

Re: A preset I made crashes Tonex - How do I delete it?

Postby RiF_2205 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:08 pm

I had the exact same issue and have been able to delete the tone model causing the crash.

Presets and tone models are not stored in individual files but in a SQLite database called "library.db". I also have a M1 MBP but TONEX is not yet installed on it, so I cannot tell you the exact location right now. On Windows, it's here: "C:\Users\<yourname>Documents\IK Multimedia\TONEX".

To modify that database you'll need DB Browser for SQLLite from https://sqlitebrowser.org/. Just go to the Download tab at the top of the page and download the MacOS version.

First, locate the library.db file using spotlight search and make a backup copy of it, if something goes wrong.

Then:
  1. Run DB Browser for SQLite
  2. Click "Open Database"
  3. Locate "library.db"
  4. Expand "Tables" in the main view.
  5. Right click "ToneModels" in the main view, right-click and select "Browse Table". Wait a bit and the data with all your tone models should appear in a list
  6. Scroll about halfway horizontally so you can see the column "Tag_ModelName"
  7. Scroll down until you see the tone model that you want to delete
  8. Select it by left-clicking it
  9. Press the "Delete current record" button in the toolbar (hopefully, the Mac version looks the same as the Windows version and has that button).
  10. Close the DB Browser app
That's it :shock: .
RiF_2205

Re: A preset I made crashes Tonex - How do I delete it?

Postby spikey » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:41 pm

Thanks for that info MuntantLabs!!!

You can also just delete the library.db file. Of course, this deletes everything you have added and sets (its looks like) everything to factory...
spikey

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling