ToneX Line Out Capture

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX Line Out Capture

Postby ZappaMontana10 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:32 pm

Hi to all,

I own a Carr Mercury V combo amplifier with built in attenuator.

I also own an AXE I/O and my idea was to use the reamp function of the AXE I/O and the line out of the Mercury, back to the AXE I/O 2nd instrument input.

But the ToneX manual procedure (3.4.1) to capture an amp from PREAMP OUT/LINE OUT, states the following (Point 6):

Connect the PREAMP OUT/LINE OUT of your amplifier to the FROM AMP input of the TONEX Capture (or similar device) and use the dedicated switch to select LINE OUT. We call this RETURN FROM RIG.

Would I require a ToneX Capture for this type of capture? Or I can conect the amp LINE OUT directly to my AXE I/O Instrument input?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jorge
ZappaMontana10

Re: ToneX Line Out Capture

Postby RiF_2205 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:39 am

ZappaMontana10 wrote:Hi to all,
I own a Carr Mercury V combo amplifier with built in attenuator.

Nice!

ZappaMontana10 wrote:I also own an AXE I/O and my idea was to use the reamp function of the AXE I/O and the line out of the Mercury, back to the AXE I/O 2nd instrument input.

Yes, that works. Just set the AXE I/O's input to LINE.

ZappaMontana10 wrote:Would I require a ToneX Capture for this type of capture?

No. As you said above, you'll need a reamp box (=AXE I/O) and a line out from your amp (=the Carr's line out).
RiF_2205

Re: ToneX Line Out Capture

Postby ZappaMontana10 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:03 am

Hi MutantLabs,
Thank you for the info, I will try it today.
Regards
ZappaMontana10

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling