Tonex Crashes when trying to connect to Tone Net

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Tonex Crashes when trying to connect to Tone Net

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:27 pm

medinad001 wrote:Well...Tonex is back to crashing whenever I click on ToneNet. This happens in the standalone and plugin version. Ugh!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Please report this to IK Support as the DAW crashing was definitely fixed on many levels in 1.0.2. This sounds like it might have to do with your ToneNET connection/cache or similar. I'm sure they can assist. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby klubrant » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Stinks to hear you were still having issues with ToneX crashing. Hopefully, it gets solved. I have not had a chance to check it out in Pro Tools. I was having it crash regularly,

Peter-

Is it normal for IK not to send out an email to announce an update to a software package? (Such as ToneX)

I haven't received one and have been back and forth with IK Support previously, so they know that I have had issues.

Thanks
klubrant

Postby medinad001 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:01 pm

Thanks Peter. I've reported this to Tech Support and patiently wait for a fix that I'm sure will eventually come.
medinad001

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:11 pm

klubrant wrote:Stinks to hear you were still having issues with ToneX crashing. Hopefully, it gets solved. I have not had a chance to check it out in Pro Tools. I was having it crash regularly,

Peter-

Is it normal for IK not to send out an email to announce an update to a software package? (Such as ToneX)

I haven't received one and have been back and forth with IK Support previously, so they know that I have had issues.

Thanks

Check your spam/junk folders because we definitely send out update emails and the TONEX update email went out yesterday to all TONEX users.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Axellent » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:18 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
medinad001 wrote:Well...Tonex is back to crashing whenever I click on ToneNet. This happens in the standalone and plugin version. Ugh!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Please report this to IK Support as the DAW crashing was definitely fixed on many levels in 1.0.2. This sounds like it might have to do with your ToneNET connection/cache or similar. I'm sure they can assist. Thanks!

Man, software shouldn't crash when connections are bad. Come on guys.
Axellent

Postby klubrant » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:45 pm

Peter
Checked spam folder and nothing is there.

I also teste my address, sending test emails. Everything is working as should.
klubrant

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:30 pm

Axellent wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Man, software shouldn't crash when connections are bad. Come on guys.

That isn't likely the issue. I was talking about DAW crashes. The ToneNET issue is completely different and IK Support can help with it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:32 pm

klubrant wrote:Peter
Checked spam folder and nothing is there.

I also teste my address, sending test emails. Everything is working as should.

Please also report this to IK Support, I know the mailing went out to all TONEX users as I confirmed this. However, IK Support can give you more suggestions like what to whitelist etc and such and get you taken care of.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cmatheson73 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:22 pm

Is anyone still having this issue ? I've had the software going on a week now and 90 percent of the time it crashes when I attemp to connect to tone net. I've had a ticket into customer service for a few days and haven't heard anything. Not the greatest customer service so far
Cmatheson73

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:57 pm

IK Support answers tickets in the order in which they are received and typically within a couple of business days (note that if you opened your ticket during or over a weekend those are not business days). They will assist you as soon as possible.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cmatheson73 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:IK Support answers tickets in the order in which they are received and typically within a couple of business days (note that if you opened your ticket during or over a weekend those are not business days). They will assist you as soon as possible.

That's fine Peter. Do you have any advice concerning this topic ?
Cmatheson73

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:02 pm

I am not experiencing such an issue so unfortunately I don't know what is happening.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Axellent » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:15 pm

Cmatheson73 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:IK Support answers tickets in the order in which they are received and typically within a couple of business days (note that if you opened your ticket during or over a weekend those are not business days). They will assist you as soon as possible.

That's fine Peter. Do you have any advice concerning this topic ?

Make sure ToneX can get through your firewall. Also, obviously make sure all updates are installed.
Axellent

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:25 pm

Good point but since the challenge/response authorization for AmpliTube seems to be working, to be more specific they could be more surgical and see if traffic to Tone.net is not being blocked.

Good call. And yes, latest version of everything is something to check first too.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby medinad001 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:25 pm

Try this:
Delete all the files in the “ImageCache” folder before starting Tonex. (Documents>IK Multimedia>Tonex>ImageCache) This has worked for me on every instance I use Tonex.
medinad001

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling