Tonex Crashes when trying to connect to Tone Net

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Crashes when trying to connect to Tone Net

Postby anoyesguitar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:46 am

Installed the demo yesterday to try, worked fine, today, with no changes and multiple boots, it just crashes every time I launch the Tone Net connection. Not going to buy it in this condition.
anoyesguitar

Re: Tonex Crashes when trying to connect to Tone Net

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:25 am

Please contact Technical Support via the IKM web site. After searching the FAQs, if there are no relevant results, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Axellent » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:07 pm

The sounds are great but this is a total creativity killer. I bought the MAX version. It just keeps crashing either when I try to access ToneNet or after being in ToneNet while browsing other people's stuff, it will either just crash or crash when I click on something. Now I can't even bring up the tonenet at all... just keeps crashing on load.

Also, I thought I would be able to alter the Mic, Mic placement, and cabs, as shown in the videos but the little box up top for doing that is just still grayed out and can't do any of that. This is really getting VERY annoying. This product WAS NOT ready to ship/release.
Axellent

Postby Axellent » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:00 pm

... also, for some reason whenever I try to log into the ToneNET website it lets me log in, and provides me a button that says GO TO TONENET and when I click it I go there but I'm no longer logged in. [mod redacted - unnecessary. Also, please report your experience to IK Support and they will help you]
Axellent

Postby medinad001 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:26 pm

I too am experiencing the same crashes the moment I click on ToneNet. I opened a support ticket and the advice they gave me was to go to the ToneNet website, logoff and then log back in. It didn't work.

What works for me temporarily, is to unauthorized Amplitube 5.50 and Tonex and then re-install and re-authorize. This only works for a short moment allowing me to fully access ToneNet but reverts back to crashing when I either scroll through the models or select another model. This is very frustrating and makes my purchase of Tonex Max virtually useless.
medinad001

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:30 pm

medinad001 wrote:I too am experiencing the same crashes the moment I click on ToneNet. I opened a support ticket and the advice they gave me was to go to the ToneNet website, logoff and then log back in. It didn't work.

What works for me temporarily, is to unauthorized Amplitube 5.50 and Tonex and then re-install and re-authorize. This only works for a short moment allowing me to fully access ToneNet but reverts back to crashing when I either scroll through the models or select another model. This is very frustrating and makes my purchase of Tonex Max virtually useless.

If something a support agent suggests does not fix your issue, please reply back that it didn't work and they will continue to help you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby medinad001 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:41 pm

Thanks Peter!

I have been corresponding with your support team and they informed me that an update is forth coming to address several issues. I patiently await this and hope that it will fix this issue.

Please pardon my frustration. I have been a long-time user and believer of IK Multimedia products and trust that these issues will eventually be "ironed out".
medinad001

Postby klubrant » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:55 am

I have had the same error. Access Violation in Pro Tools.

The only way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall, making it useless.

No rhyme or reason. Thought it was when I froze a track, but then created a new session and same error.

Sent logs, screenshot, movie to support. Waiting for answer. I thought I solved it with the first uninstall/reinstall, but the error came back again.

Last support told me is that they could not reproduce it.
klubrant

Postby Axellent » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:17 am

Yes, what Im wondering now is where is my discount since I gave them $250 for a product that isn't working.
Axellent

Postby medinad001 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:03 am

Contact tech support. Jason W. sent me instructions that appears to be a solid fix.
I would post it here but I'm not sure if they would approve of me doing that.
Anyhow, it was a detail procedure of uninstalling and reinstalling Tonex. So far, I'm able to link to ToneNET using either the standalone and plugin versions of Tonex. I also ran over a dozen or so sessions and accessed all the available models with no crashes.
medinad001

Postby Axellent » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:31 am

I've already contacted them and they haven't responded yet.
Axellent

Postby klubrant » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:36 am

They could not reproduce my issue on pro tools, so I'm pretty much dead in the water until they can.

Not what I consider a good start with ToneX.
klubrant

Postby Axellent » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:22 am

I'm on Windows. My issue happens both in my DAW as well as in the stand alone version.
Axellent

Postby medinad001 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:24 am

I PM'd you.
medinad001

Postby Axellent » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:33 am

I assume you meant klubrant as I have zero messages in my inbox.
Axellent

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling