Problem Registering TONEX

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Problem Registering TONEX

Postby spikey » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:23 pm

A nice feature after buying ToneX is getting the Registration to work on the iK Multimedia site.

Registering ToneX was fun because the Registration link (tab) on the 1st-page didn't work for me AT ALL, just did the circle-jerk forever. But there is a second one down a few levels that did work for me. So if you have issues with the one up front look for the other one deeper in. I've asked iKM to fix this... FYI
spikey

Re: Problem Registering TONEX

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:04 pm

That is not from our site...

Also, since the IK Product Manager was released that is the best and easiest way to register your products. You will then be able to find, download, install, and authorize the software that comes with the hardware right there and right afterward.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby scutoscuto@gmail.com » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:15 am

Hi. Maybe someone will help me here. I have been going on for over a week with the support team but they do not seem to be able to help or wanting to help. At the moment my support request is stuck to “higher level” and I’m on stand by.

I purchased a used Tone X pedal. The person that sold it to me purchased the token to allow me to register it. I did registered the pedal successful. Here the issue starts. I am supposed to be able to download Tonex Maxx, but no dice. I downloaded Tonex CS but when installed it tells me my pedal is not registered so I can’t connect it to the laptop. Basically I can only use the pedal with no connection.

At the beginning they told me I couldn’t have the software license transferred, I had to email them with a message from this forum where someone from Ik says they do transfer the license now, as opposed to “before” but the person helping me didn’t know that.

Anyone here that can help? I’m actually surprised on how unresponsive the support team is.

Help? PleaSe? Thank you
scutoscuto@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:32 pm

scutoscuto@gmail.com wrote:Hi. Maybe someone will help me here. I have been going on for over a week with the support team but they do not seem to be able to help or wanting to help. At the moment my support request is stuck to “higher level” and I’m on stand by.

I purchased a used Tone X pedal. The person that sold it to me purchased the token to allow me to register it. I did registered the pedal successful. Here the issue starts. I am supposed to be able to download Tonex Maxx, but no dice. I downloaded Tonex CS but when installed it tells me my pedal is not registered so I can’t connect it to the laptop. Basically I can only use the pedal with no connection.

At the beginning they told me I couldn’t have the software license transferred, I had to email them with a message from this forum where someone from Ik says they do transfer the license now, as opposed to “before” but the person helping me didn’t know that.

Anyone here that can help? I’m actually surprised on how unresponsive the support team is.

Help? PleaSe? Thank you

The seller would need to also send you the serial for TONEX MAX. They would get this sent to them directly once they initiated the transfer and they need to send you both serials.

Support can continue to assist you, nobody on this board will have the access/etc in order to do anything except provide the information I did here. Thanks.

The Support team gave you the right information - this policy changed, typically bundled software that is free with hardware is not transferable per the EULA. But the exception was made for TONEX Pedal recently. Also, Support would be technically correct about the non-transfer in general because there is supposed to be 90 days passed before the TONEX Pedal or other hardware can be sold. This is also stated clearly to the original buyer. There must have been an exception made so unfortunately in a case like that you're going to have a non-traditional experience.

In short: The buyer should be providing the additional serial you're missing for TONEX MAX and IK Support is giving information based on the policy that TONEX Pedal should not be transferable until after 90 days (it has not even been out 90 days yet) and the policy changed recently but again should not be a topic at all since the 90 days have not yet passed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling