Tone X Stuck at Training

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Tone X Stuck at Training

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:22 pm

So now it's starting to seem like I'm being accused of making this up. I thought I'd give you guys the benefit of the doubt and go through the necessary steps, i.e. forum, support team, etc., to get this fixed. If it worked as advertised, then I would not be told by your support team that I need a more powerful computer than the "advertised" specs to be able to run it as "advertised". Shall I post the conversation and steps followed with support supervisor Jason? As it is currently, this thread remains solely on your forum and it is your discretion whether it remains up. That's me being reasonable. If you would like to help, then you gotta find a solution that support didn't have. Now I accepted the issue could not be resolved and I just posted it here because I said I would, literally no malice intended. If you would like to discuss this further, then please message me.
Submergedindirt1

Postby jhall123 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:56 pm

Does your laptop share memory for the GPU and CPU? This may cause an available memory
bottle neck? I hope you can get this worked out! Tonex is great. I must say I can't really her any difference between default and advanced. I've read and seen youtube videos where the poster says advanced becomes more noticable with extreme high gain captures. Good luck.
jhall123

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:02 pm

My GPU has dedicated vram in the amount of 2gb. Support even had me supplement that amount in my advanced display settings but it still wouldn't work unfortunately. And also, the extreme high gain profiles are the ones that I'm capturing. Again, it's great when I capture it with a cab in default. But default loses alot of the high frequencies when doing high gain amp only captures. So it comes out drastically different unless ran via advanced training. Support really did try alot of stuff. They ultimately landed on the issue being my computer isn't powerful enough.
Submergedindirt1

Postby jhall123 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:26 pm

One of my other computers has an NVIDIA 1030 based card with 2gb ram. I'm going to see If I can run t into "the same problem" as you have with your laptop. (difference being is that other computer of mine is a i7 based desktop with 32GB of system ram. So we'll see if it will capture advanced and get back to you.
jhall123

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:59 pm

Man, that would be cool. Supposedly the vram is the issue so that would be a good test that I can't do myself.
Submergedindirt1

Postby jhall123 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:23 pm

Just tried it on my other computer. It will only do low and default in spite of it having an i-7 and 32GB of ram! The video card has a 2GB NVIDIA 1030 based card so THAT is the bottle neck I think. The other computer is identical to the other one with the exception of video cards.
As a side note the only "mods" I did to the one that will do an advanced capture in 15 minutes
is a new power supply and adapter harness to fit it into a Dell motherboard to accomodate the 6BG Nvidia 1660 based card All in all it wasn't too hard but yeah it doesn't seem to be clear that you need more horsepower in the RAM dept. for advanced captures
jhall123

Postby jhall123 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:23 pm

Just tried it on my other computer. It will only do low and default in spite of it having an i-7 and 32GB of ram! The video card has a 2GB NVIDIA 1030 based card so THAT is the bottle neck I think. The other computer is identical to the other one with the exception of video cards.
As a side note the only "mods" I did to the one that will do an advanced capture in 15 minutes
is a new power supply and adapter harness to fit it into a Dell motherboard to accomodate the 6BG Nvidia 1660 based card All in all it wasn't too hard but yeah it doesn't seem to be clear that you need more horsepower in the RAM dept. for advanced captures
jhall123

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:49 pm

This is how I came to the conclusion that the system requirements need to be updated. It is actually recommended to have a gtx 750 gpu, but if your 1030 and my 960 can't run it on advanced then there's no way a 750 should be able to. I guess it's just aggravating because I would have likely found this out before buying it if the capture function was available in the demo.
Submergedindirt1

Postby jhall123 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:19 am

IK is a very good company. They are obviously not deliberately trying to mislead people.
I have found them to be among the best guitar related computer stuff ever since Amplitube3 came out. Check out this video. I think the guy does a good job working around the limitations of advanced captures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgOqh41bXtI
jhall123

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:57 am

I don't think it's intentional either, but at some point either the issue will need to be corrected or they will need to update their system requirements. Unless of course we are the exceptions to the rule, and I just don't think that is the case. Most people may not need the advanced training so there may not even be that many people (with 2gb of vram) aware of the issue. I can cope with the issue with inconvenient work-arounds but others may not be able to.
Submergedindirt1

Postby anoyesguitar » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:32 pm

Having the same issue, stuck on creating network. CPU basically idle, this does seem be an unresolved issue with general compatibility.
anoyesguitar

Postby anoyesguitar » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:09 am

Still having this issue with 1.1.1, tonex seems to have a issue with systems with systems without dedicated GPU. [mod redacted - please review the rules, everybody also review the rules specifically about moderation, thank you]
anoyesguitar

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:48 pm

Some people seem to be having issues, may or may not have to do with their GPU/CPU/etc. IK Support is where to go to get these issues replicated and resolved. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling