Tone X Stuck at Training

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Tone X Stuck at Training

Postby BOBAH_ » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:58 pm

This bug has been fixed in update 1.0.2. Thanks IK Multimedia! But after the model is finished training, when I move to the next tab "Review" in Tone X, there is no sound. I think this bug is related to the uad audio card. Other ASIO drivers don't have this problem.
Thunderbolt UAD Apollo x8p + Apollo 8p. Nvidia RTX 3070.
Last edited by BOBAH_ on Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOBAH_

Postby BOBAH_ » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:59 pm

This bug has been fixed in update 1.0.2. Thanks IK Multimedia! But after the model is finished training, when I move to the next tab "Review" in Tone X, there is no sound. I think this bug is related to the uad audio card. Other ASIO drivers don't have this problem.
BOBAH_

Postby Mendelian » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:40 am

Issue has been fully resolved for me on 1.0.2!
Do note: You do have the wait for like 30-50 seconds before it engages and starts learning.

Did my first captures and am blown away.
Mendelian

Postby jhall123 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:11 pm

The KEY is to have an NVIDIA GX750 or higher.
I put in an NVIDIA GX 1650 GPU based card in my computer and 32 Gigs of ram and now not only does it not get stuck at "creating network", It trains in under 5 min on default!
That is the secret sauce
jhall123

Postby Mendelian » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:01 pm

BOBAH_ wrote:This bug has been fixed in update 1.0.2. Thanks IK Multimedia! But after the model is finished training, when I move to the next tab "Review" in Tone X, there is no sound. I think this bug is related to the uad audio card. Other ASIO drivers don't have this problem.

Can confirm same issue here, work around is saving it and then close it and start to listen to your capture.

M
Mendelian

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:33 am

This issue is not fixed. I get stuck at "creating network" every time I try to run an advanced training. It works fine at default training in 15 minutes, but it won't capture my high gain amp head only profiles with enough detail at default. I am running an i7 6700 cpu plus an Nvidia 960m gpu and 16gb ram. What is the issue?
Submergedindirt1

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:43 am

Submergedindirt1 wrote:This issue is not fixed. I get stuck at "creating network" every time I try to run an advanced training. It works fine at default training in 15 minutes, but it won't capture my high gain amp head only profiles with enough detail at default. I am running an i7 6700 cpu plus an Nvidia 960m gpu and 16gb ram. What is the issue?

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jhall123 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:39 pm

I had the same problem and resolved it by updating my video card driver to the latest version.
jhall123

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:35 am

I do have the most recent drivers. I believe they were released just a few days ago actually. IK support is working with me now on this. It's a little slow going but I think it's being moved up higher in the tech support chain. I'll update here with the solution if they find one. I'll also update here if they can't.
Submergedindirt1

Postby jhall123 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:18 pm

Hope you get it sorted! Tonex is fantastic. I've had more than my share of
frustration with IK's registration and licensing procedures and driver tweaks but once sorted
(their support folks are top notch and really help) it's brilliant.
jhall123

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:11 pm

So an update, like I said I would... IK Support was unable to fix the issue with my advanced training in Tonex. It simply will not work unless I run the default or fast training. Certainly disappointing as this is an amazing program. As it is now, I have to move my interface from my recording laptop to my son's gaming pc to be able to make the advanced training captures, which is of course very inconvenient for the both of us, ha. Doing it this way has allowed me to crack the top ten of the week on Tone.net under username The Unstable, check it out... But at this point it should be considered Buyer Beware as you cannot try to make your own captures in the free version to find out if your computer can run it. The system requirements on the store page do not actually indicate that you will be able to run Tonex. I exceed those requirements by a good margin. So good luck everyone.
Submergedindirt1

Postby jhall123 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:56 pm

If it makes a difference my system is a Dell 9070.
I have an i-7 32 gb Ram, 1 TB SSD, and an NVIDIA 1660 6GB DDR3 based card.
The computer I got from AMAZON as a refurb in mint condition for about $275.00.
The video card was $270.00 and I upgraded the power supply $89.00.
For relatively short coin I put together a computer that will make an advanced profile in 15 minutes when first pressing the training button.
I'm wondering if some of the very newest "whiz Bang" systems are not too well supported yet for Tonex. My computer is maxxed out and can't even use Windows 11 with my motherboard chipset
but it sure does SLAY at Tonex captures.
jhall123

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:58 pm

Submergedindirt1 wrote:So an update, like I said I would... IK Support was unable to fix the issue with my advanced training in Tonex. It simply will not work unless I run the default or fast training. Certainly disappointing as this is an amazing program. As it is now, I have to move my interface from my recording laptop to my son's gaming pc to be able to make the advanced training captures, which is of course very inconvenient for the both of us, ha. Doing it this way has allowed me to crack the top ten of the week on Tone.net under username The Unstable, check it out... But at this point it should be considered Buyer Beware as you cannot try to make your own captures in the free version to find out if your computer can run it. The system requirements on the store page do not actually indicate that you will be able to run Tonex. I exceed those requirements by a good margin. So good luck everyone.

The Specs should be correct and your situation is truly unique/an exception. Please let IK Support know that you still cannot take Advanced captures and they will continue to work with you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Submergedindirt1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 pm

Peter, IK support is at a loss. They just suggest that I upgrade my laptop. So if that doesn't indicate there is an issue with the specs then I don't know what is. We tried many different things over a span of well over a week before they ultimately decided that my computer wasn't powerful enough. Again, check out the specs vs what I have listed. I'm not trying to bash anyone, it was suggested I go through support and I did. Since there is currently no way to try to make a capture before you buy it, it absolutely is a risk currently, albeit may be a small one. Maybe it will be fixed in a patch, but that's just speculation as it was never mentioned by anyone. You guys got double your money's worth out of me, as I suggested my guitarist buy it (and he did) before I realized that my advanced training does not work. Now I must hold back any recommendations I would have otherwise made for this product until it works as advertised.
Submergedindirt1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:57 pm

It does work as advertised. If you feel it does not for you, that is also something IK Support can work out for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling