Tonex doesn't start / crashing Reaper in User account

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex doesn't start / crashing Reaper in User account

Postby force_redo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:57 pm

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me with this. I'm working on Windows 11.

I installed ToneX via the IK Product Manager (latest version 1.01). When installing (like all software) it asked for Administrator privileges which I granted.

- Now, I don't work in my Administrator account (I don't think one should) but if I try and start ToneX standalone App, it just doesn't start. I can see it briefly appear in the Task Manager but then disappear again.
- However, if I start it as Administrator, it actually starts up but then says it's not authorized (which is strange as I thought this was done in the IK Product Manager)
- If I run Reaper (as my user) and try to load the ToineX VST, the whole App crashes. No error message or anything.

I also tried the new Amplitube, to make sure it's not something affecting all these things, but that runs fine and as expected.

Can anyone help with this, please? I would love to try it out.

Thanks!
force_redo

Re: Tonex doesn't start / crashing Reaper in User account

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby force_redo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:12 pm

I'll do that. Thanks. I was hoping somebody else might have solved a similar issue.

Thanks
force_redo

Postby chipmcdonald » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:53 pm

Mac M1 Mini.

Worked fine yesterday, today - click on the FX button on the TCP with Tonex on the track, and Reaper goes "poof". Projects with it already loaded (from yesterday....) work... until I click on the FX button to pull up the Tonex GUI.

Logic X won't load it at all...?
chipmcdonald

Postby scottcorgan » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:11 pm

I'm having a similar issue. Tonex was fine yesterday. But, I pulled it up today in standalone mode on my mac and it just instantly crashes. Tried different audio interfaces, restarted, etc. I'm on version 1.0.1, macOS 12.3, M1 Macbook Pro.
scottcorgan

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:13 pm

Just to note, it is great if users have ideas but if you'd like your issue resolved officially and expediently you'll want to open a support ticket:
Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shahirel » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:19 pm

M1Pro Macbook here, and same. ToneX crashes on launch and is unusable in any plugin form or on any DAW. I have filed a bug and sent crash logs to IK. It worked for 1 day...
shahirel

Postby squitsysam » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:53 am

Same issue.
squitsysam

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:08 pm

squitsysam wrote:Same issue.

See above, I'm sure IK Support can assist. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeremygomez » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:46 pm

Same thing happening here. Standalone works but the plugin crashes Logic.

Here's my setup:
M1 Mac mini (2020)
Monterey (12.3)
Logic Pro 10.7.4

What's interesting is that when I load Tonex for the first time on a track, the interface launches and it works fine. However, if I close the Tonex window and then try to open it again, it crashes Logic every time. I have to remove Tonex from the track and re-add it to get it to open again.
jeremygomez

Postby squitsysam » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:07 pm

jeremygomez wrote:Same thing happening here. Standalone works but the plugin crashes Logic.

Here's my setup:
M1 Mac mini (2020)
Monterey (12.3)
Logic Pro 10.7.4

What's interesting is that when I load Tonex for the first time on a track, the interface launches and it works fine. However, if I close the Tonex window and then try to open it again, it crashes Logic every time. I have to remove Tonex from the track and re-add it to get it to open again.

Yes exactly the same work-case. Clearly an issue with the build, less about the end user. Likely have to wait for a patch.
squitsysam

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:23 pm

^^^^
Peter_IK wrote:See above, I'm sure IK Support can assist. Thanks!
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chester257 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:58 pm

Hello all,
Same problem for me. I noticed, when adding the VST TONEX (for the first time) that Reaper crashed only by activating the graphical interface by clicking on UI

Windows 11
I7
Geforce RTX 3080
Chester257

Postby gkurtenbach » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:57 am

force_redo wrote:I'll do that. Thanks. I was hoping somebody else might have solved a similar issue.

Thanks

I use Reaper and have had opening Tonex cause Reaper to crash. Reaper seems to try to display the VST, draws the enclosing VST window but before the Tonex window gets drawn Reaper crashes. This doesn't happen consistently and I haven't been able to create a simple project which reproduces the bug. If someone can make a project that reproduces this bug it would be very helpful to share that with IK support folks.
gkurtenbach

Postby force_redo » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:23 pm

gkurtenbach wrote:I use Reaper and have had opening Tonex cause Reaper to crash. Reaper seems to try to display the VST, draws the enclosing VST window but before the Tonex window gets drawn Reaper crashes. This doesn't happen consistently and I haven't been able to create a simple project which reproduces the bug. If someone can make a project that reproduces this bug it would be very helpful to share that with IK support folks.

I would, but I can't because I don't even get that far. I just open reaper, create a track, click an fx slot, select tonex and it crashes. I don't even get as far as saving anything.

The same is true for Studio One btw. The only difference being that it doesn't crash altogether but shows me a windows saying

"The following plug-ins didn't work as expected: TONEX.vst3. Please save your work and restart Studio One"

I have reinstalled it several times, (Version 1.00 and 1.01) have been in touch with Support but still no solution.

I suppose what I do differently from many people is that I'm not working in my Administrator account but under a normal user account. But that doesn't seem to have an imact on any other vst3 I have (including many IKM ones)

So yeah, still waiting...
force_redo

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling