Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby machinated » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:21 pm

-Ability to delete tone models from our own library.

- Ability to search different keywords to find a tone model

- IR making tool. This would be amazing, both as just for making IR's, and also to make something like merged Kemper Profiles (you capture a direct "amp only" model, and an "amp and cab" model, and ToneX could provide a corresponding IR). Making IR's in big batches with proper organisation would be an amazing thing to have too.
machinated

Postby machinated » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:45 pm

- More information about IK captured Tone Models. For instance, the Marshall pack mentions JCM800 and JCM900 which are series of amplifiers. In the JCM800 series, there are 2204, 2203, 1959, 1992, 2205, 2210, 2205 and others. JCM900 has the MKIII, SL-X, 4100. Im presuming 800 means 2203 and 900 means 4100, but it would be good to have this information clearer, so if new models get added later its easy to tell them apart. It would be great to have information on the year, any mods or unique information about the amp, maybe if it was set to 4 or 16 ohms on the impedance setting for amp and cab, possibly amp settings and modes.
machinated

Postby molonlabe23 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:10 pm

rockstarscat wrote:I would like to wish for better instructions for hooking up the tonex. looks like spaghettis. need better instruction for using load box.

Yes I agree, using a number system with graphics would be helpful. Also instructions for and work around for combo amps that don't necessarily have the same connections available as a head.
molonlabe23

Postby molonlabe23 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:13 pm

It would be nice if we could go back and edit and choose a different amp face. You can edit everything in the description, but you can't change the Amp face.
molonlabe23

Postby Daerst » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:32 am

It has been mentioned already, but big +1 on the idea of separate capture and training. I did my first test capture and training of a practice amp at home using my beefy machine in <20 minutes total. I then tried to do the same in our recording environment, but the machine there has no dedicated GPU, uses IGP. Took a little while longer... It would be awesome to be able to do the capture wherever on a laptop, and then take the thing home and train it on the monster machine.

Exporting is also weirder than it should be. If I make a capture on one machine, I would expect it to automatically sync to other machines using the same account, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If I want to take the thing with me, I now need to either upload it to ToneNet (which I might not always want), or make a preset, and then export this. Why not export the capture directly?

After uploading a capture to ToneNet on machine A, I couldn't find a way to edit its details on machine B. I can only delete it from the web interface.

Last but not least, here's a quick thing that I think would be super useful: Please give us an optional timer before the capture starts. I would love nothing more than to set it to 20 seconds, so I can leave the room, shut the door, and go have a snack while it does its loud thing. I don't dare make noise or change the sonic space by opening and closing doors during the impulses or sine sweeps right now.

Thanks for listening, IK folks! Some UX and stability issues to be ironed out, but I love ToneX so far and am excited for future updates!
Daerst

Postby molonlabe23 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:22 pm

Daerst wrote:.

It would be awesome to be able to do the capture wherever on a laptop, and then take the thing home and train it on the monster machine.

Last but not least, here's a quick thing that I think would be super useful: Please give us an optional timer before the capture starts. I would love nothing more than to set it to 20 seconds, so I can leave the room, shut the door, and go have a snack while it does its loud thing. I don't dare make noise or change the sonic space by opening and closing doors during the impulses or sine sweeps right now.

+1 On both these, especially the idea of doing captures on a laptop and then training it on more powerful desktop.
molonlabe23

Postby MauroDave31 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:40 pm

[mod redacted - please keep this thread to feature request, also was a dupe so we moved the answer over to the other thread]
MauroDave31

Postby molonlabe23 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:54 pm

The ability to edit keywords on IK Premiums tones. Right now premium tones are locked to editing and it would be nice to at least change keywords for search purposes as personal library grows
molonlabe23

Postby avernon1 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:42 pm

One related thing I would like to see is the ability to sync any two instances of AT5 - that way when I select ToneX models in one, the other just updates itself. This would be a bit of a (small) gamechanger when it comes to double-tracking riffs and spacey parts.
avernon1

Postby MauroDave31 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:51 pm

Do you know any timing on the possibility of using Tonex pedal profiles in Amplitube?
At the moment, in fact, I can use Tonex profiles only in the amplifier chain in Amplitube, this prevents a good percentage of use of the new Tonex product!
I did not understand the choice of IK Multimedia, because there are just official profiles ik multimedia of individual pedals but in fact then unusable in Amplitube ....
MauroDave31

Postby machinated » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:28 pm

- Ability to show/hide/expand sections of the ToneX GUI. Sometimes certain elements just add a lot of clutter to the screen when they're only needed for brief periods of time. Rather than having almost everything visible all the time, it would be good to be able to simply the UI down to only what you need to see in any given moment
machinated

Postby LA2A1073 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:37 am

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but:
- Training Queue
- ability to transfer said queue from one system to another
In my head it works like this: I capture a pedal of mine in a handful of settings I like, send all those captures to the training queue, then when I'm about to take off for the day, I can choose the start training everything in the batch. Then, I take my laptop to a friend's house, capture some of his pedals and amps. When I get back home, I transfer what I've captured from my laptop (that would take forever to do training) onto my main PC with a RTX 3090 in it that can do the advanced training in less than 30 minutes.
LA2A1073

Postby MaxTwang » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:19 am

Ability to search for Tonex models by user in Tonex and Amplitube. When capturing models it would really help to be able to filter the model list to my own models for comparison.
MaxTwang

Postby MauroDave31 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:54 pm

Some hero users (or the same IK Multimedia) can profile some historical pedals with Tonex:
- Cornish
- comp CS2
- the 2290
- demeter compulator
these can not miss in the list of profiles!
Then once I can use the pedal profiles in Amplitube 5 I can buy Tonex!
MauroDave31

Postby fnordbak » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:10 pm

machinated wrote:-Ability to delete tone models from our own library.

This you already can do with the current version:

fnordbak

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling