Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby jlgueims » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:15 pm

- User organisation of the presets is a must.
- The same for the cabinets, so you can choose your favourites easily.
jlgueims

Postby machinated » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:18 pm

jlgueims wrote:- User organisation of the presets is a must.
- The same for the cabinets, so you can choose your favourites easily.

+1 The more ways we can organise, the better. Colours, tags, more metadata, type to search, folders, grouping, different ways to order etc.
machinated

Postby dean701 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:38 pm

running the new 1.0.2 it now took way longer to perform an advanced capture. With my non-nvidia system with 32GB of memory on a i7-9700, it took 9 hours to do an amp capture. This is unacceptable to me. It was formerly 5 hours on advanced with 1.0.1
dean701

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:09 pm

dean701 wrote:running the new 1.0.2 it now took way longer to perform an advanced capture. With my non-nvidia system with 32GB of memory on a i7-9700, it took 9 hours to do an amp capture. This is unacceptable to me. It was formerly 5 hours on advanced with 1.0.1

This is a tech support related issue, v1.0.2 improved training time so pleas wok with support to fix your issue and let's keep this thread for feature requests. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby matt_butler2001 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:12 am

My IRs sound great in other programs but levels are too low in Tonex as are the levels of many of IK Multimedia cabs and VIR cabs. Could you add a way to mix or boost levels of cabs to match levels of amp-only captures or a way to balance these cabs so when you change presets or disable the cab it doesn't jump levels and blow speakers or ears out?

I also agree with someone's idea of adding 2-3 of your own IR stacked at the same time with balance control to get a better cab sound (and loading whole folders instead of one file at a time to demo). This would be cool in AmpliTube as well but that's for another post!
matt_butler2001

Postby HerrNox1 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:26 pm

I can work around and get used to most workflow intricacies, but please:

-Allow the user to load multiple profiles inside a single instance of ToneX. (ie: load a Fuzz pedal profile in front of an Amp/Cab profile)
HerrNox1

Postby molonlabe23 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:24 pm

Please allow amp settings to reset, when switching to a new amp model. I have to close the app out every time to reset any changes I make to a model if I want to change models and not have those settings effect it.
molonlabe23

Postby RossBalch15 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:43 am

ToneX is pretty awesome but, ToneNet is flooded with captures of digital models. There is certainly a place for those and many people will find them very useful. Me not so much. It's very frustrating to have to wade through all of the digital model captures to find real gear captures. A simple flag when creating captures to indicate if they are digital or physical captures would suffice. Then the filter could include a filter for digital vs physical.

While we are here, there is no filter for ToneModels that you created yourself. This seems like very basic functionality. Obviously I "favourite" all my own models but it would be good to have a way to just tick a box in the filters to display all my own captures, especially as my library grows.
RossBalch15

Postby RossBalch15 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:43 am

molonlabe23 wrote:Please allow amp settings to reset, when switching to a new amp model. I have to close the app out every time to reset any changes I make to a model if I want to change models and not have those settings effect it.

Yes! This!
RossBalch15

Postby RossBalch15 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:47 am

I also want to add a +1 to the idea of batching. I'm lucky on my system it only takes 20 minutes or so to do an advanced model. But it would be great to set up a bunch of recordings and then have the processing happen in a queue, that way I could capture a bunch of stuff and just leave the training going over night.
RossBalch15

Postby docento » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:18 pm

Ability to set sample rate for Tonex Standalone version. I have windows set to 48k and it conflicts with Tonex.
docento

Postby molonlabe23 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:33 pm

docento wrote:Ability to set sample rate for Tonex Standalone version. I have windows set to 48k and it conflicts with Tonex.

+1 On this
molonlabe23

Postby molonlabe23 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:44 pm

On complex rig captures in the save and description area add spot for an additional pedal for when stacking overdrives or a boost into a OD or distortion etc., like there is a mic one and mic two selection.

Also extend the word limit in the comment box.
molonlabe23

Postby molonlabe23 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:47 pm

RossBalch15 wrote:While we are here, there is no filter for ToneModels that you created yourself. This seems like very basic functionality. Obviously I "favourite" all my own models but it would be good to have a way to just tick a box in the filters to display all my own captures, especially as my library grows.

A big +1 on this please!
molonlabe23

Postby NomadCraig1 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:13 pm

-Ability to reset the Capture. That would be especially helpful if say I hit the "Start Training" button and it gives the "Noise" warning. As of now I would have to go thru the training process all the way and if it doesn't work out I need to capture again.

-Being able to have that "Favorites" on the ToneNet side of ToneX and Amplitube.

-Allow for a bigger comment field when saving the amp at the end to explain in detail how the tone was captured.

-*Not sure if this is user error. But once I upload my captured tone I have to go to ToneNet to access it. It is no longer on the local side of ToneX.
NomadCraig1

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling