Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:35 am

ejsheldon wrote:The 1.5 update seems to have done something weird re the Vendor/Creator icons. 3rd Party presets dragged from Explorer seem to randomly show the IK icon instead of the Vendor/Creator's icon. In my case I use Amalgam presets, so maybe it has to do with the way he does the MetaData?

Please report your issue to IK Support and note this is a feature request thread, so we should keep it clean of issue reporting in general thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yikelu.home » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:37 pm

For the pedal:
MIDI CC to change between presets 1-3 of the bank. Currently you can only use MIDI PC to change, which is fine, but I try to organize banks logically and uniformly to be able to be mixed/matched with a secondary device.

For example, all my banks would be 1 = Clean, 2 = Rhythm, 3 = Lead, but the amps themselves change. It'd be nice to scroll up a few banks to "change amps" but have my MIDI controller be on the same patch to switch between 1/2/3. As it is, I have to be *very specific* in the MIDI programming about which patch I want. This is fine if I'm using the same things all the time, but not great for creative use.
yikelu.home

TONEX 1.5+ Wishlist

Postby funkybot » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:48 pm

I'm compiling some of my TONEX 1.5+ wishlist items here. Please feel free to add your own feature requests or discuss my suggestions.

Modeler
  • Add "bulk capture" functionality. Example: I go to create a capture, I enter the metadata first, I record the training data, I repeat these two steps for any captures I want to do, then have the ability to start the training for all in one fell swoop.
  • Add the ability to record multiple channels of training data simultaneously. Example: I want to record inputs 7+8 which are two microphones, but then also record input 9 which is a DI capture simultaneously. Obviously the training would double.
  • Pipe dream request: add software phase-alignment for multiple microphones
  • Pipe dream request: add ability to learn the sound of a reverb tank (I imagine setting up a clean amp, doing a clean capture, then keeping the settings the same, then doing a set of reverb @max captures and the training model could then remove the amp+cab from the reverb.
  • Pipe dream request: Tone stack and drive modeling for common amps - similar to Kemper Liquid Profiling. If amp settings at capture are known, the models can then be applied to the captures and make the tone and drive knobs behave like the actual amp in a more authentic way.

Window Management and Browser
  • As shown above, instead of having a "Home" tab that then gets sub-divided on the left-hand browser into two different sections for Tone Models, and Presets, I suggest having buttons for 1) Tone Models, 2) Presets, 3) ToneNet, and 4) Collections.
  • Those should impact the "half browser" in the main window. The amp view stays active for all. Right now, when browsing presets, we've lost the ability to modify the amp settings because the Presets browser is full screen. This would return that prior functionality in a much clearer way. We really need the ability to browse presets and edit the amp.
  • Move the LIbrarian and Modeler tabs out of th way to the right - these are less used features on the software and should not be next to the home button.
  • Add the ability to right click ont he column labels in the browser to show/hide columns. Add column options for author, date added, and date modified (if possible). Others, like Comments, would also be welcome.
  • When sorting by amp, for example, I might get Marshall JCM800 from 3 different vendors. I suggest always having a secondary sub-sort hardcoded to sub-sort by author. This would apply when sorting on Amp Based On, Cab Based On, Stomp Based on columns.

Custom IR Browser
The custom IR browser funcionality was severly degraded in TONEX 1.5. Here's how what I think the ideal end-state would look like for the Custom IR browser. This would be a big overhaul but could be implemented in phases.

• Full screen Custom IR browser (maybe show the Advanced Controls here) with multiple columns like we had before
  • Custom IRs should be sorted by name by default (currently TONEX sorts them in the order added using some kind of internal index)
  • Add ability to create "Custom IR Folders" for organizing IRs (options to rename, delete, reorder folders)
  • Add ability to tag favorite IRs
  • Add ability to filter on favorite IRs from the Custom IR browser window
  • Add ability to tag IR's as belonging to a certain cabinet config (1x10, 1x12, 2,x10, 4x12, you get the idea)
  • Add ability to filter Custom IR's on cabinet config
  • Bring back ability to filter by text
  • Retian ability to rename IR's
  • Retain ability to delete IRs
  • Bring back the ability to use up/down arrow keys to go previous/next IR
  • Add ability for left/right arrow keys to change columns in Custom IR browser
  • Add more characters for IR names (with some vendors, IR names get very long)
    Retain the ability to multi-load IRs
  • Add ability to drag and drop IRs from Explorer/Finder

Built in FX
  • New and improved spring reverb option with drop (or the ability to learn our own tanks)
  • Built in Tremolo with options for Bias, Opto, and Harmonic Trem
  • Add a delay FX

Cabinet Lock
  • Cabinet lock, when engaged, should apply when browsing TONE.net
funkybot

Postby d10221 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:58 pm

Ability to record dry and wet signals ?
the interface has 2 channels
d10221

Re: TONEX 1.5+ Wishlist

Postby synchu » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:53 pm

funkybot wrote:I'm compiling some of my TONEX 1.5+ wishlist items here. Please feel free to add your own feature requests or discuss my suggestions..............

Where's the "100 Likes" button :) Thank you for detailing my exact thoughts on the Custom IRs and general lists navigation and filtering.
Fully subscribe to that.

I've summed only my gripes with these - out there on Facebook and here (but also sent a support ticket to IK, to be honest - including some of the above, but certainly not that completely and eloquently put :) ).
synchu

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:24 pm

Reminder: This is a wish list / feature request thread. Also please remember to review the rules of this forum before posting in general. Thank you.

Added emphasis because it didn't seem to stand out based on the posts made after this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d10221 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:40 pm

d10221 wrote: Ability to record dry and wet signals ? the interface has 2 channels

It is already there, USB OUT=DUAL, I should've RTFM
d10221

Postby Mixomaxo2021 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:02 pm

Enable the Editor to access the Pedal directly
I realy dont like the workaround with the presets ... and my back hurts ;-)
Mixomaxo2021

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:37 am

Hello

The last update of 1.5 really was a big improvement, and I am very pleased with the workflow improvements. However, there are a few things that would be really helpful to speed up workflow:

* Midi Assignment - The first is more Amplitube related but it is frustrating to have to go through 4 or 5 clicks to get to the Global or Preset midi assignment. It would be great if this was either a floating window, or viewable on the main screen

* The introduction of folders for amps is great, a lot more practical and very much the same as how I used the Kemper. However I am baffled at why the IR management was not treated to the same behaviour. The ability to cycle through IRs within context of a mix is extremely helpful to speed up workflow.

* Amplitube integration needs to be updated as once you place ToneX within AmpliTube, it reverts back to being frustrating to navigate.

* The backup process is very helpful, but like everyone knows keeping a backup in the same location as the original is pointless. It would be great if there was an option to select location so it can be placed on an external drive\alternative partition\cloud storage.

Not much really as the last update was a vast improvement and very much appreciated.

Regards

Mike
ShatteredMcCafferty

Postby Qtach1 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:51 pm

Hello.

Personally, compared to version 1.2.6, I miss the ability to switch between already downloaded speakers and amplifiers. I didn't notice there was an option called Tone Model Cab, which was implemented in version 1.2.6 (see screenshot). Alternatively, does anyone know how to enable this window?

Image Image
Qtach1

Postby BLuzJW91 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:23 am

Please add the HPF, LPF and tilt function that is in AmpliTube Custom IR to Tonex. That would be an incredible help in dialing in presets. Or you could just put in a full parameteric EQ with HPF and LPF.
BLuzJW91

Postby giorgos » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:06 pm

Capture now, train later is the number 1 feature that it will make ToneX capturing way easier .
Possibility of batch training would also contribute on that direction too.
giorgos

Postby MBeyer » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:09 pm

On the "levels check" screen when modeling, I'd love to have either a loop recorder for the live input, or a way to point to my own sound file on the sound player to drive my amp. It's super convenient having the software providing DI guitar sounds leaving me hands-free to engineer the guitar tone. The player has a lot of varied guitar types and styles, but it would be nice to have my exact guitar tone and playing style represented while tweaking the amp and mic position.
MBeyer

Postby cobber78 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Be able to create multiple captures and put them in a training que to be able to make all the training at night or something. This to be able to do more captures before the long wait for training after each capture...
cobber78

Postby Sir-Lanzealot23 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:37 am

It would be really helpful if there is a High-Pass Filter and Low-Pass Filter built-into the ToneX pedal.

I currently use a Broughton HPF + LPF pedal after the ToneX on my pedalboard. It made me appreciate how it gets rid of the muddy lows and shrill highs.

Having a built-in HPF and LPF would be a great tool (+ space and power saver) for us with limited pedalboard real estate. Thank you.
Sir-Lanzealot23

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling