Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:36 pm

Sorry not read the entire list.

New to ToneX and just started profiling my amps (SC20H almost complete, profiling the clean channel as we speak) and I would really like a batch feature within the Model Training. It would really speed up the process.

Taking 15 minutes to generate a single profile and I made 36 profiles of the high channel taking me 9 hours to complete a single channel profile. It would be great to complete the Capture section then select all and leave the training on overnight.

(These are on ToneNet Under Marshall SC20H, high channel is uploaded, the low channel will be later tonight)

It would be great to also be able to transfer all AmpliTube amps into ToneX. The reason I say this is I was able to get the JCM8000 sounding indistinguishable to my SC20H. I would have saved 9 hours of my life if I could have just transferred the JCM8000 amp to the ToneX (if you tell me I can I may cry)

On the plus side, the ToneX software when profiling is very good and really intuitive. Moving between Presets, ToneX etc can be a little confusing at times.

I would also love to see an option to save all files in an alternative location. I keep everyone in OneDrive locally cached including songs I am working on and all presets. If I could just create a folder on OneDrive so the Amplitube\ToneX presets are stored by default in this location it would be really helpful.

I have to say though, I am massively impressed with the product and if it did not change I would not lose any sleep.

Have a lovely weekend all
ShatteredMcCafferty

Re: Feature Requests for ToneX

Postby btm_ikmulti » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:42 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:Add Owned/Unowned filter selection for Amps and Cabs in Chain Bar list.

I'd take it one step further and add it as a global option to the settings menu, so it will also affect the amp and cab dropdown menus.

User experience with the SE version is that there are ~870 cabs to choose from, of which I apparently own ~200. The list is unaffected by the "owned" filter. Meaning if I want to try a different cab, there is a high chance I will be punished by harsh static noise and a pop-up.

The shade difference between the two fonts is hard to see, at least on my screen.
btm_ikmulti

Postby geektarist » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:15 pm

Hi,

It would be really cool if it was possible to lock the cabinet when trying different profiles on Tone.Net. The user experience is just horrible as you have to re-select the IR when trying different amp only captures.
Also it would be cool if it was possible to group captures in tone net. I'd like to be able to easily access different clean / crunch / high gain captures of the same amp instead of browsing a list view for ever.
So far the worst part of tonex is browxsing tone net. The UX could be greatly improved I think. Nothing to complain about the capture / sound quality on the other hand :)
geektarist

Postby JoshIsGoode1 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:44 am

DESKTOP EDITOR. PLEASE. The infrastructure is already there for it and it would be such a massive workflow enhancement for when I’m running studio sessions.
JoshIsGoode1

Postby damuncky » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:40 pm

Hi

Suggestion: add a way to mute the Player in the desktop software.

Problem 1: when the desktop software opens you are forced to choose an audio input and output. You cannot choose "no device". If you choose the built-in microphone and speakers (i.e. on a macbook for e.g.) you get a warning that says "The current audio settings could cause feedback loops ...", but I cannot see a way to avoid this as I cannot choose no device.

The only way forward is to mute the speakers globally, otherwise you do indeed get immediate feedback. Then slide the Player input and/or output volumes controls to 0. Then unmute the speakers globally. This works but it feels like a workaround rather than the ideal user-experience, as it takes some creativity to manage the situation.

Problem 2: when connected to ToneX pedal via USB with sound routed via the built-in audio interface or another audio interface into the same computer ToneX Desktop is running on. When I first got the pedal I very quickly ended up in a situation where I was hearing my guitar processed via both the pedal and the Player - essentially applying the processing twice! I realised I needed to mute the software Player (as above) so that I only hear my guitar as processed by the pedal.

Sorry if I'm doing something wrong, I don't think I am, but these were the situations I fell into as a first time user.

My suggestion would be to provide a button to deactivate or mute the player. And/or provide a way to set no audio device in settings. But other flows might exist worth considering to avoid the opposite confusion of not getting any sound because it's muted because there's no device configured.

Great product though. Impressive. Enjoying it loads.

Thanks
damuncky

Postby Aczuliani01 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:05 pm

Hi guys.

[mod redacted - please review the rules]

Will IK upgrade the tone x with delays, modulations and drives?
Aczuliani01

Postby vonspets » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:21 pm

Please extend the eq gain range more, like 15dB. Make it really powerful. And add more parametric eq Hz nodes. Should be just a code change for the Tonex computer?

I would also welcome more dynamic range to the profiles if that is possible to implement.
vonspets

Postby MiguelMarquezMusic » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:34 pm

If you guys make it possible to load Amplitube 5 presets onto the Tonex, then you'll become the new market standard!
MiguelMarquezMusic

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:03 pm

MiguelMarquezMusic wrote:If you guys make it possible to load Amplitube 5 presets onto the Tonex, then you'll become the new market standard!

Do you mean TONEX Pedal? That unfortunately is not technically possible on the existing hardware as AmpliTube requires a computer to run.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BLuzJW91 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:19 am

vonspets wrote:Please extend the eq gain range more, like 15dB. Make it really powerful. And add more parametric eq Hz nodes. Should be just a code change for the Tonex computer?

I would also welcome more dynamic range to the profiles if that is possible to implement.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Please give us a HPF and LPF and a "tilt" control for the EQ section. Currently, I have to use external IRs and do the HPF and LPF on the IR with another program and then import to Tonex. It makes refining my patches a workflow nightmare. The IR-X has demoted the Tonex from my pedalboard, but if you guys implement a better EQ system with HPF and LPF it will go back to being the heart of my rig.

Please give us more powerful EQ with a tilt feature, HPF and LPF. Please IK! Please!
BLuzJW91

Postby zonkola » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:18 pm

FOR THE TONEX PEDAL:

1) Disable preset bypass - I'm using the ToneX pedal as my amp(s) live, so I never, ever, ever want to bypass the pedal. Going into a mixing board directly for gigs means that turning off a preset accidentally is immediately noticeable to the audience. I only saw one other suggestion for this in this wish list thread, so either folks are using the pedal very differently, or they're not multi-tasking enough during a gig to accidentally hit the same preset switch twice in a row. This change would be fine as a set & forget preference somewhere deep in the menus—depending on the player, I think they'll want it on or off all of the time.

2) Larger ToneX Pro pedal - If you guys are working on one you can't talk about it. But I'll just throw this out there: I'd pay double for a pedal with twice the preset buttons, a larger and/or higher resolution screen that lets me use much longer, more intelligible preset names, a built-in tuner, an XLR DI output for the mixing board along with a 1/4" output for an amp, and maybe some basic pedal effects. I have a pretty minimalist pedalboard already thanks to the ToneX, but a ToneX Pro might allow me to jettison the pedalboard entirely.

Hey, thanks for the ToneX pedal! I'm having big fun with it.
zonkola

Postby scholl2512 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:49 pm

Would love some kind of control over how many tone models can be loaded into the pedal. 150 is a lot. For example, some kind of max number of presets setting so if I only wanted to upload something like 10 tone models, that is all I would be able to see.

Ideally, I would only have the amount of tone models that I choose on the actual device but I'd even settle for the ability to only scroll through a set amount of presets and 'hide' the rest. I think this would really help workflow and option paralysis.
scholl2512

Postby joanesinu » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm

zonkola wrote:FOR THE TONEX PEDAL:

1) Disable preset bypass - I'm using the ToneX pedal as my amp(s) live, so I never, ever, ever want to bypass the pedal. Going into a mixing board directly for gigs means that turning off a preset accidentally is immediately noticeable to the audience. I only saw one other suggestion for this in this wish list thread, so either folks are using the pedal very differently, or they're not multi-tasking enough during a gig to accidentally hit the same preset switch twice in a row. This change would be fine as a set & forget preference somewhere deep in the menus—depending on the player, I think they'll want it on or off all of the time.

This is a must. Without it the Tonex can't be a reliable live tool. An update just with this addition would be a game changer.
joanesinu

Postby ejsheldon » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:09 am

The 1.5 update gave us User Folders, my main request, BUT - It would be nice to be able to drag 3rd party presets from Explorer directly into the User Folders. That's presently an extra step.
ejsheldon

Postby ejsheldon » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:13 am

The 1.5 update seems to have done something weird re the Vendor/Creator icons. 3rd Party presets dragged from Explorer seem to randomly show the IK icon instead of the Vendor/Creator's icon. In my case I use Amalgam presets, so maybe it has to do with the way he does the MetaData?
ejsheldon

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling