Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby hleemhuis@gmx.de » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:00 pm

Toggling between "Tone model" and "Presets":
Store the result list for further work
hleemhuis@gmx.de

Postby expiated » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:07 pm

- begging for an editor: it's a real torture to tweak my tones using this tiny screen, especially up right on the scene before a gig session. So, next point of my wish list is.. drum roll..
- an ios/android editor. I don't really know wether it's technically possible or not right now but I would love to have an ability to manage my tones via ios/android app.
expiated

Postby hleemhuis@gmx.de » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:40 am

Midi Deactivation of the Cab (Sim).
Background:
Use external Cab-Sim
hleemhuis@gmx.de

Postby BLuzJW91 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:40 pm

Please give us a high pass and low pass filter with variable frequency and slope. Make it additional to the high and low shelves of the current bass and treble controls. Cutting the highs allows better FOH sound. An IR may not adequately capture the high end roll off of a guitar cabinet. Please IK, it would make tuning captures some much easier. A tilt control with variable pivot point and HPF/LPF would be easy to implement and go a long way to make the Tonex unbeatable.

Otherwise, I have to add an expensive EQ pedal (Boss EQ200 or Source Audio Programmable EQ) and who knows how the AD/DA converters will interact with the Tonex. I've found that my Tonex hates the Boss GT1000 or the Line 6 HX Effects, but works well with the Source Audio Collider and Boss DD-200. Why? Because the SA Collider and Boss DD200 have analog dry signal. My experience is that the Tonex output degrades tremendously when passing another AD/DA step.
BLuzJW91

Postby hleemhuis@gmx.de » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:54 pm

Show a warning, when a Tone Model where deleted and Presets with this Tobe model exists.
Delete the Presets for the deleted Tone Model too
hleemhuis@gmx.de

Postby aptfox » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Golguth75 wrote:If you mean the pedal, that would require loading multiple Tone Models but TONEX Pedal is built to load only one at a time (and part of the reason it is priced so low). The two Tone Models you want to use at the same time would need to be combined in order to use them together on the pedal hardware.

Is such a combining of models possible? Even if it is just an operation in Tonex that takes a stomp and an amp tone model and creates a new combined one?

Best,
Jochen
aptfox

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:51 pm

aptfox wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
Golguth75 wrote:If you mean the pedal, that would require loading multiple Tone Models but TONEX Pedal is built to load only one at a time (and part of the reason it is priced so low). The two Tone Models you want to use at the same time would need to be combined in order to use them together on the pedal hardware.

Is such a combining of models possible? Even if it is just an operation in Tonex that takes a stomp and an amp tone model and creates a new combined one?

Best,
Jochen

No you cannot combine two tone models, you'd need to capture the gear together.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aptfox » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:No you cannot combine two tone models, you'd need to capture the gear together.

I know, this is the current situation. What I imagine is as follows:

The ToneX software is capable to capture gear and it can play with existing tone models. So it should be no problem to create a virtual fx chain with the stompbox tone model and the amp tonemodel. If this chain is then feed into the tonex capture algorithm it will compute a new tonemodel as the combination of the two others.

The question is why one would want that?
It would be a feature for:
1) People who don’t own the physical gear
2) People who want to combine models without the hassle of setting it up physically again
3) People who own the gear, but don’t have it available where they are (traveling a.s.o.)

It would allow people to be more flexible in creating models for the pedal to use.

I‘m aware, that IK might have an economic stand in providing a higher spec pedal which can run multiple tone models, but such a device would still have its merits because it lets one combine multiple models instantly without prior capture.
aptfox

Postby hleemhuis@gmx.de » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:50 am

Feature wishes for create a Tonex-Preset:
- New field "channel"
- New fields for amp adjustments like "gain", "high", "middle", and "bass" and so on.
This fields could be filled automatically
hleemhuis@gmx.de

Postby CreepyMo » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:12 pm

#1 wish list: DI only captures.
CreepyMo

Postby jaeger28 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:46 am

Ok this one is really annoying:

When using A->B Expression control, the status of A and B save all parameters. Ideally they would only save the CHANGED parameters.

For example if I use expression to just increase gain and volume from A to B for Lead sounds, and afterwards I want to reduce overall Reverb or add a little Bass, independant from the expression states, I have to do it all over again. Delete Expression settings, set everything for A and set everything for B.

Ideally A and B would only make the changes to those parameters that have been changed and allow you to still do global changes to that preset afterwards.
jaeger28

Postby AlehPatskevich » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:31 pm

1 Please add a tuner to the pedal. Why is this necessary? Because most people go to rehearsals with just one pedal, and creating a mini pedalboard and carrying a bunch of wires and such is very inconvenient. It can be implemented with a long press on the two buttons or some other mechanism.
2 Perhaps I didn't figure it out, but I didn't find support for a mobile app. I would like the ability to edit presets and upload impulses via a mobile phone/tablet.
AlehPatskevich

Postby SenecaReader2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:12 pm

as for amplitube 5: more balls, more low end. Most amp sims feel like you are playing with the volume at 0.1 watt, I always have to add lows
SenecaReader2

Postby AlehPatskevich » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:40 pm

Please add the option to disable the cabinet for one of the unbalanced outputs. [mod redacted: Feature request remains, unnecessary editorial removed]
AlehPatskevich

Postby joe.eshel » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:54 am

- Enable Output level type to choose between instrument level or line level.
Reason: the tonex output is set to line level which is not what guitar pedals are expecting as input.
I tried connecting strymon delay and reverb pedals after the tonex and discovered the sound was very compressed. if the strymon was in true bypass mode the volume would realy change when it was on or off.
i'm no expert, but ive seen this option in some devices that try to support effect loops levels matching
joe.eshel

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling