Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby machinated » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:17 pm

When capturing amp and cabinet chains using 2 microphones, it would be amazing to have an option for both microphones matched separately first, so the blend can be accurately adjusted after the fact. Having the blend summed together first is also useful for a lot of situations, I think there are benefits to making these decisions earlier. But it would also be great to take advantage of the freedom of software to be able to tweak that balance later
machinated

Postby blackemm » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:34 pm

An option to save my capture before I start training. After an EAR splitting Marshall on 10? I'm stuck with whatever blend of mic, whatever gain trim, etc. Unless i blast her on 10 each time. I'd like to check in default 1st. Tweak for advanced. Seperate training for each mic, so I can blend them depending on mix, instead of 1 baked in capture, requiring 3 or 4 or more captures for the same exact, already saved file, thats not accesible to me.
blackemm

Postby bristolio » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:32 am

Add a tuner please
bristolio

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:05 pm

machinated wrote:- a warning screen when closing ToneX (at least for when the AI training is in progress). I accidently closed ToneX while training was going on and lost over an hours worth of processing. Perhaps there could be a way of returning to a previous point or pausing too?

Sorry I missed this but there is a warning popup from v1 when you close TONEX. However, the request for another warning or similar was relayed to the team.

Current warning:
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby machinated » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:37 pm

Interesting - I haven’t had any windows like this appear (maybe a Mac/Windows thing?). It’s particularly useful to have the warning in the modelling mode.
machinated

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:13 pm

machinated wrote:Interesting - I haven’t had any windows like this appear (maybe a Mac/Windows thing?). It’s particularly useful to have the warning in the modelling mode.

I would report that to IK Support as that is supposed to pop up and I confirm it does for me. Interesting.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Axellent » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:14 am

I wish it let you save favorites in ToneNET the same as the regular so i can filter on favorites.
Axellent

Postby Orpheus1 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4512045 ... 153073673/
1) I would like to be able to add pedals if I want in front of amp section.
2) I would like to to be able when I try an amp to ToneNet and change maybe Cabs to be able to save that to my preset instantly.
3) to have trim control to input-output
4)To be able to make my own folders to the Models page and Presets page.
5)To be able to search any parameter in Model-Preset page..(I was trying to find tge Captures of Drewhast and couldn't see them)
6)The external IR's sound very bad and also any external Cab sim sounds awful..(never seen this behavior with other Guitar Plugins)
7)I would lile to be able to load many IRs at the same time and make folders and also to see details of the Cabs/IRs not just the name..or be able to write details.
8) The captures are very good but high gain has a strange sound on lower strings..needs update.
9) Not so good string seperation on high gain capture for some reason.
10) Tonex crashing often or error on many DAWs.
11) I would like to be able to Delete Presets/Models/IK captures
Orpheus1

Postby Axellent » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:46 pm

It seems that a TONEX tone, is a profile of a SPECIFIC tone where the Amp and/or pedals are configured in a specific way (e.g. Gain = 5, Bass = 5, Treble = 4, etc.). When I bring up an AMP, I'd like to hear the amp AS IT WAS RECORDED with all the knobs in the right default positions. If I change those amp positions, I then want the option to hit a button and set it back to the way it was originally recorded. So, that configuration info needs to be gathered at the time of doing the profiling... if the amp has multiple inputs, which input was used, and was it jumper'd? If the amp has multiple channels, what channel was used? If the amp has bright switches which switch position? etc.

I think you are missing out on an opportunity to gather that information and use it to make even more realistic amp sims. As it stands, if you start turning the knobs on a Tone, the amps response and tone will start to vary from the actual amp because those settings were not profiled. It's just making estimations at that point. However, imagine crowdsourcing profiling the amp in different configurations. You could then aggregate that data to produce much more realistic sims when the knobs are turned.
Axellent

Postby dean701 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:15 pm

My findings:
I realize that tonex is a separate package than AT5 but for those who don't have AT5, you need to either add some effects or none at all. having a simple reverb is just a tease.

The GUI is the most confusing of anything I have ever seen. Am I connected or not? what do I have saved. It seems simple to have one main window with folders showing public and local and whether you are connected or not.

You should also be able to audition external IRs by single clicking on the cab and having a drop down with all local and web offering.

sorting by captures by "# of downloads" and by "likes" is a must and it shouldn't have to fetch continuously when scrolling through tonex models. work on the stability : crashes with tonex, crashes within daws are way too common and are unacceptable.

I also think we should be able to update meta fields on current uploads. as it stands if I upload a capture, I can't modify any details about it. If I delete it, it won't let me re-upload as it states of a duplicate related error.

The AI needs work too, there is no way it should take 5 hours on a machine without an nvidia card. That is a show stopper. Either IK needs to front the processing or rework it. _ and Kemper simply take way less time. I can't do a capture and wait 5 hours only to learn that I need to tweak the BMT values and try again.
dean701

Postby KirillKochegarov7 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:12 am

When you put "like" in Tonet, I don't understand where to look for it in Tonex. Make a separate folder with favorites as in AT
KirillKochegarov7

Postby dean701 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:58 pm

the ability to sort by profile creator and to hide all IK captures as they drown out all user downloaded content.
dean701

Postby Axellent » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:02 pm

Instead of arbitrarily made-up names for cab/speaker IR's, please just show a picture and a name that is either the same as or more similar to the real cab/speaker that is used. Also, we need to be able to have several options for microphone, microphone distance, etc. on a cab/speaker by speaker basis.
Axellent

Postby machinated » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:43 pm

would love to see some kind of infrastructure for the reamp part of the modelling, and the AI training part to be able to be done on different machines.

I have over 20 amps in my studio that I'd love to capture - even 20 minutes per amp is quite a long time, but its currently taking me 3 hours for one model. I'm sure there are people out there who'd happily sacrifice 20 minutes of processing in order to gain some nice new models.
machinated

Postby Axellent » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:22 pm

I'd like the app to provide a way to request users to provide a profile of specific amps and pedals. Then, people who have those can decide if they want to provide a profile for the community and maybe do so based on the number of requests for that pedal, etc.
Axellent

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling