Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby ChrisBeaver1 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:14 am

The ability to create your own folder in ToneX where you can drag just the tones you like inside. Can't believe this wasn't implemented day 1. Love the sound of ToneX but the user interface needs a lot of work
ChrisBeaver1

Postby trackmixstudio » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:02 pm

2 things in the capture software.
First, on Mac my Apogee Ensemble TB jumps to 48k sample rate when I open tonex which is not good. I run 44.1k and have several digital devices slaved so the sample rate jump confuses everything. The info box in Tonex should be have a dialog to set sample rate.

Secondly, tonex application won't let me use my stereo left right as outputs.
Once I select stereo out for the left output, I can't also select stereo out for right output so the tonex only comes out of the left speaker.
The ensemble can be configured as stereo out or as 2 mono outputs for the main outs but this makes no difference.

One more thing, Tonex plugin graphics are messed up cutting off the right hand side and bottom of the GUI in Logic

Thanks
Michael
trackmixstudio

Postby TheCaptainW » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:45 am

Have a real editor for the pedal.
I use the ToneX pedal on my board with other various effects and I find it really teadious to use the ToneX App.
I would like to edit my pedal presets from my computer without having to modify a preset, save it and the reload it on the pedal
TheCaptainW

Postby djidoe » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:03 pm

TheCaptainW wrote:Have a real editor for the pedal.
I use the ToneX pedal on my board with other various effects and I find it really teadious to use the ToneX App.
I would like to edit my pedal presets from my computer without having to modify a preset, save it and the reload it on the pedal

+1
djidoe

Postby djidoe » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:07 pm

JoshIsGoode1 wrote:
vic.pippo wrote:- ToneX (Software): Editing capabilities (not just librarian) for the presets in the pedal

- ToneX (Pedal): recall the last edited element of Global Setup. For instance, when I need to switch between Live/Interface in Operation, I have to go through all the setup options.

- ToneX (Pedal): align the sound with the software. I have to tweak several parameters (e.g. Trim, Interface volume, etc.) before getting the same sound I hear on the software and on the pedal.

- ToneX (both): easier way to switch between the software and pedal (using the Pedal as an audio interface). Now, I have to go to the Global Setup and go to "operation", select Interface and bypass the preset with the footswitch. It would be great if this could be done directly on the ToneX software.

This. Especially the ability to edit presets on the pedal within the software. I can't even begin to describe how annoying trying to audition sounds on the pedal is without this capability.

This is really annoying... The sound for the same preset PEDAL vs INTERFACE is different... very different...
djidoe

Postby jedsas » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:21 pm

I would like it if multiple models of the same gear could be put in a folder and treated as one model.

Some people do several models of a single piece of gear with different settings. These can fill up the navigation pane really quickly and all need to be downloaded separately. The same is true on the users page.

I am currently modelling the Marshall 9001 preamp which has three gains, a tone and a 5 band interactive EQ. This requires several models to get the most from it, but it is going to cause pages of amps!
jedsas

Postby stusaysmoo » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:44 pm

Simple,

A 1u Rackmount tonex player, exactly like the pedal but with professional I/O and an fx loop, under 1k retail.

Well, a guy can dream...
stusaysmoo

Postby Revhed » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:53 am

a phase alignment tool for correcting phase when using 2 mics. on the page where u can adjust the mic blend can u please add phase alignment. it need a resolution of 1 sample. something like Auto Align would be perfect but even a manual phase adjustment would be a great help. at the moment i have to compromise the tone by manually moving the mics into phase.
alternately can u post an easy to understand tutorial on routing a DAW into Tonex so the phase alignment can be done in the DAW before it gets to Tonex. cheers
Revhed

Postby OakVille3 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:11 pm

I use my Tonex pedal as a pedal profile player and an amp. Maybe this has been already covered but once the profiles are not selected, I would like reverb to be still on.
OakVille3

Postby P12McNoodle » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:51 am

I l o v e! the pedal, great job IK! A "deluxe version" adding stereo delay and chorus would be great. And maybe a general eq only effecting the headphone output, e.g. "normal", "bold" and "bright". That would allow to practice solely with the pedal with lot's of fun! I'd immediately buy it and use my first one as a sole overdrive/distortion pedal stomp. Keep on rocking!
P12McNoodle

Postby P12McNoodle » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:56 am

stusaysmoo wrote:Simple,

A 1u Rackmount tonex player, exactly like the pedal but with professional I/O and an fx loop, under 1k retail.

Well, a guy can dream...

That would r e a l l y be a dream!
P12McNoodle

Postby W3bwalk3r » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:12 pm

Hi all,
I think it would be a great help add not just a star in the favorites filter, better add at least three stars or much better five to clasificate my favorites or ToneNet valorations.
Best Regards from Spain
W3bwalk3r

Postby KoMa1984 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:59 pm

- Being able to favorite cabs
- Create preset folders in the software
- Lock feature like the Kemper has. Example: I want to lock a particular cab so that when I switch through presets everything changes except the cab. Same could be done of course with the amp head
- Adding multiple IRs to tonex. As of now I'm using the free version, so maybe it hast something to do with that (the pedal is ordered) but I can only add one IR at a time.

These four things would ehnance my workflow drastically.
KoMa1984

Postby jedsas » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:23 pm

When modelling an amp and speaker, the speaker response is measured through the amplifier, so the frequency response of the speaker is affected by the frequency response of the amp.

It would be nice if there was a way to measure the output from amp directly using an additional input.

I think this would improve speaker models for those of us lucky enough to have interfaces with multiple inputs.
jedsas

Postby BenMeyers1996 » Tue May 02, 2023 4:18 pm

I would really like to see two features on Tone Net: 1. The ability to ignore or filter out certain things. I'm really tired of having to scroll past all those captures of Kemper profiles... 2. There should be a way when browsing on the web to download the capture or a button so it will download next time you start ToneX.
BenMeyers1996

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling