Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby KoMa1984 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:58 pm

Anoter "wish" and I dont mean to be disrespectful but please work on the user interface of the plugin. It's a nightmare - it doesn't make any sense the way it's now. Take a look at kempers rig manager, it's so well structured and organized. Would be great if you could improve that. And I'll say again: please let us add more than one IR at a time to the software. It's a nightmare to add every IR singularly. Implement some kind of drag & drop function. It's 2023! :D
Otherwise I love what tonex does sonically!
KoMa1984

Postby BLuzJW91 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:33 pm

djidoe wrote:
TheCaptainW wrote:Have a real editor for the pedal.
I use the ToneX pedal on my board with other various effects and I find it really teadious to use the ToneX App.
I would like to edit my pedal presets from my computer without having to modify a preset, save it and the reload it on the pedal

+1

+1
BLuzJW91

Postby BLuzJW91 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:48 pm

A.) I think it would be great to give the possibility of configurable outputs.
    1) Could we use L/mono out as Pre-IR out, R output as input to IR and headphone out as master output?
    2) Load two IRs and pan them L,R.
    3) Load two captures (2 amp, pedal plus amp, two pedals).

B.) Improve control of EQ with a 4 band parametric EQ with hi-pass and low pass (with slope controls)

C.) Idea for v2.0 pedal. Put a mono send and stereo return before the reverb and after the EQ section.
BLuzJW91

Postby rulerofitall » Mon May 22, 2023 8:31 pm

A wish for the IOS app.

Can importing purchased captures be made possible?

Could it work the same way as loading Impulse Responses?

Load the purchased captures into the Files App on iPad and then access them as you do for IRs.
rulerofitall

Postby Maxinmail » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:51 pm

Hi, I would like to get a firmware in which 2 presets can be assigned to each footswitch to get 6 independent presets in the end without pressing 2 buttons to change the bank (instead of the bypass being implemented on the second press now), and the bypass function can be transferred to software, for example (I don't understand why it was made, and even on each button) - will it be implemented? I think that concert guitarists will agree that 6 presets on 3 buttons are quite enough for the whole concert and it is better to press 1 button and switch the preset than to try to press 2 buttons with your foot, which will greatly increase the chances of turning on the wrong preset in the end or not having time to reload it in time... It is very strange that such a function has not yet been implemented in a device that is positioned as a pedal for live performances....
Maxinmail

Postby funkybot » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:03 pm

Here's my list:

Bugs
  • Uploading a model to TONE.NET using one of the new sample pieces of music causes TONEX to crash 100% of the time (standalone, Windows). Sharing models only works with the original musical clips.
  • Resaving a "Favorited” item causes it to lose Favorite status.
  • TONEX Standalone frequently freezes or crashes on exit. Maybe 50% of the time or more. Using an RME interface (Fireface 800) and Windows.
  • Cabinet Lock feature does not apply to TONE.NET models – it should. To reproduce, load an IR Cabinet in TONEX, use the “Lock Cabinet” option, then go to TONE.NET and select an Amp Only capture. Result: the cabinet is wiped out. Expected Result: the cabinet should remain due to the lock.

Functional Feature Requests
  • Add a Stomp Slot to TONEX application and pedal.
  • Add the Spring Reverb model from Amplitube 5’s F-style amps to TONEX (sounds better to me than the TONEX spring reverb and it actually drips).
  • Add the ability for users to load their own Reverb IR’s.
  • Add resonant high-pass and low-pass filters to the EQ section.
  • Allow users to change the display “skin” used for a profile.
  • Add a proper full screen mode to TONEX Standalone. Currently, does not work well when the application is Maximized with widescreen monitors (empty space on the sides).
  • Allow users to load a preset from the pedal into an “Edit Buffer” to edit within the TONEX application.

Capture Process Feature Requests
  • Add batch processing. Add ability to tag and record multiple captures first, then train the model for multiple captures at the end. This will dramatically speed up creating multiple captures in a single session.
  • Add option to automatically time align microphones (would really improve user captures).
  • Add option to train model with noise reduction built in (why not offer the ability for the training model to improve the real-world amps).

Browser Feature Requests
  • Ability to search by “User” in main TONEX application (already exists for TONE.NET)
  • Add ability to use exclusion terms in TONE.net searches: Example: Vox NOT ‘KPA’, NOT ‘AF’, NOT ‘Fractal’.

Tagging Feature Requests
  • Add a tag for “Year” – meant to capture the year of manufacture. Example: Amp Model: Fender Princeton Reverb. Year: 1979.
  • Add a tag for “Gear Type” with options for: 1) Hardware, 2) Software, 3) Other Modeler.
funkybot

Postby BLuzJW91 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:30 pm

Quick EQ feature request. Please put a "tilt" or "definition" type option in the EQ. This allows captures to be quickly EQ'd to different guitars and pickups. Its an incredibly powerful option in the Kemper and would do wonders for matching a capture to different guitars.
BLuzJW91

Postby vic.pippo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:04 pm

In the Librarian part of Tonex App, please allow reordering of presets other than "overwrite" and "swap".

In any other librarian software, it is possible to change the order of the preset by moving a preset in a different position and all the other preset automatically change their relative position. Doing this with "swap" takes ETERNITY!
vic.pippo

Postby vic.pippo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:53 pm

Drag & Drop for importing external IR
Importing more than 1 IR at the time
vic.pippo

Postby funkybot » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:27 pm

vic.pippo wrote:Drag & Drop for importing external IR
Importing more than 1 IR at the time

Yes! Forgot to add those to my list. Definitely need the ability to import more than one cab IR at a time, maybe even an entire folder+sub-folder structure. Would also like the ability to sort cab IRs by name.
funkybot

Postby Justin1524 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:56 pm

Simply put, a real-time editor for Tonex pedal that changes parameters and saves presets on the pedal itself from the computer. This is basic to virtually every competing product out there. Helix edit is wonderful, indispensable software for programming Helix. Tonex needs the same thing. I would hope IK Multimedia has this in the works already.

What I don’t think can be added to Tonex pedal but perhaps a future iteration of the product is the ability to add a stomp model, an amp model and a cab model in one pedal preset. This is why some people are buying two Tonex pedals.

Really love the sounds I’m hearing from Tonex, especially clean sounds that, to my ears, sound and feel much closer to real guitar amps.
Justin1524

Postby snickel1 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:32 am

Since capturing compression behavior is not possible, I would like to see certain compressor models in the compressor tab (such as Boss CS-2, DynaComp (script or mini), LA, … the first two being the most important ones for my tones ;)
snickel1

Postby snickel1 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:21 am

snickel1 wrote:Since capturing compression behavior is not possible, I would like to see certain compressor models in the compressor tab (such as Boss CS-2, DynaComp (script or mini), LA, … the first two being the most important ones for my tones ;)

1176 and/or Cali, Compulator, …
snickel1

Postby BLuzJW91 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:31 am

Justin1524 wrote:Simply put, a real-time editor for Tonex pedal that changes parameters and saves presets on the pedal itself from the computer. This is basic to virtually every competing product out there. Helix edit is wonderful, indispensable software for programming Helix. Tonex needs the same thing. I would hope IK Multimedia has this in the works already.

What I don’t think can be added to Tonex pedal but perhaps a future iteration of the product is the ability to add a stomp model, an amp model and a cab model in one pedal preset. This is why some people are buying two Tonex pedals.

Really love the sounds I’m hearing from Tonex, especially clean sounds that, to my ears, sound and feel much closer to real guitar amps.

+1
BLuzJW91

Postby redcloud80 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:00 pm

Add a Wah effect (before the amp) to use with expression pedal. It is the only effect I miss and that would avoid extra A/D conversion using fx loop with other devices (like hx stomp).
redcloud80

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling