Tonex CS problems

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex CS problems

Postby oldbluejoe » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:04 pm

Hi,

the list of amp models says that CS version should come with 10 amps and 20 tone models. How do I get access to these? All the amps and tones showing up are from the paid versions needing upgrade. Is there a way to filter out these to only show CS models? Otherwise I don't see a point of trying to use Tonex CS.

And also Tonex is supposed to be functioning inside Ampitube5. How is this done or does it not apply to Tonex CS? I have the latest AT5 update.

Thanks
oldbluejoe

Re: Tonex CS problems

Postby oldbluejoe » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:28 pm

Update..

I did find how to open Tonex inside AT5, it is last in the list of amps. Also when using it this way I now have an easy access to included amps and tones only, great.

But I still don't know how to filter out the non-included tones when I'm using Tonex as a plugin..
oldbluejoe

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:30 pm

According to the website and my experience, Tonex CS is based on 10 Amps and 5 Pedals. 20 "Factory" Tone Models are included. We also get to download up to 20 User Tone Models. If you use the filter to list the ones you own, do you see 20 Premium Tone Models listed? If so, from what I can tell, those are the ones that come with our free Tonex CS license. At present, the filter calls the User Tone Models "free" and the factory ones "premium."

In CS the Tone Models Column lists 20 factory/premium Tone Models that come with CS. In the "Amp based on" column, there are 10 different amps listed. But there are 15 amp-based tone models. All 10 amps owned with CS have at least 1 Tone Model. Five of these have 2 Tone Models each. So, that's 10 amps but 15 Tone Models using those 10 amps.

There are 5 stomps, each with one factory/premium Tone Model.

I just downloaded 1 of my 20 allotted User Tone Models. As I expected it is filtered as a Free Tone Model.
Steve-xyz

Postby oldbluejoe » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:28 pm

Thanks,

when I filter out premium models and leave free models, I get "0 results".. This is weird because the free amps and tones are available when using Tonex inside AT5. Just the plugin version that does this.

Probably just something I will need to figure out, so far using it inside AT5 is good enough.
oldbluejoe

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:03 pm

oldbluejoe wrote:when I filter out premium models and leave free models, I get "0 results".. This is weird because the free amps and tones are available when using Tonex inside AT5.

Just trying to clarify to make sure we are on the same page with regard to "free." Tonex CS is free. The 10 amps and 5 stomps are owned. The 20 CS Tone Models using those 15 pieces of gear [IK Premium Models] are owned.

Free Tone Models = User-generated Tone Models. If you have the filter set to show only the free models you will get zero, unless you downloaded some user-generated models.
Steve-xyz

Postby oldbluejoe » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:57 pm

OK, thanks for clarification. That still leaves me with the question that how do I get the included amps and tone model to show up? I'm just not able to see them, only premium tones from paid versions. Manual doesn't mention this at all.

But like I said earlier, I can just stick with the Tonex within AT5 and let the plugin version be..

Steve-xyz wrote:Just trying to clarify to make sure we are on the same page with regard to "free." Tonex CS is free. The 10 amps and 5 stomps are owned. The 20 CS Tone Models using those 15 pieces of gear [IK Premium Models] are owned.

Free Tone Models = User-generated Tone Models. If you have the filter set to show only the free models you will get zero, unless you downloaded some user-generated models.
oldbluejoe

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:19 pm

In the upper right corner, the ToneNET button is a 2-step toggle. When "ToneNET" is orange letters on a grey backround, all of the downloadable models are listed in the bottom pane with some internet loading as I scroll down the list.

When I click "ToneNET" again so the "ToneNet" turns light grey, the bottom pane changes. It then has some buttons just above the list: Tone Models, Presets, Download, Funnel [Filter], Search.

I clicked on Tone Models just above the list in the bottom pane, selected the funnel, and set Owned to Yes. There's a 1 in a red circle meaning I have one filter parameter. This gives me 21 rows in the bottom pane. So, I have the 20 Tone Models that came with CS and one user-generated ("free") Tone Model.

Clicking on a Tone Model Collection in the right-side pane puts unowned models in the bottom pane. Clicking on it a second time de-selects the collection. Just a guess: at some point IK will probably offer for sale tone model collections.

I hope this helps.
Steve-xyz

Postby oldbluejoe » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:36 pm

^^^^
Yes, it helped a lot! Thank you!

It never crossed my mind to open Tonenet for included tones, I always saw it as a user to user platform. I guess you still have to think outside the box even though you're working inside the box.. :D

Thanks!
oldbluejoe

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:19 am

oldbluejoe wrote:Yes, it helped a lot! Thank you!

It never crossed my mind to open Tonenet for included tones, I always saw it as a user to user platform. I guess you still have to think outside the box even though you're working inside the box.. :D

Thanks!

Glad it helped. When I have owned set to yes, I also have ToneNet off. I mentioned toggling it off because I wasn't sure if ToneNet being on was affecting your list.
Steve-xyz

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling