How Use Tonex Pedals in Amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How Use Tonex Pedals in Amplitube

Postby divarsefid » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:35 am

I was able to figure out how to open Tonex in Amplitube. I could not open Tonex Presets in Amplitube, but only the ones already are in there. So, when I save a preset in Tonex, it does not open in Amplitube, so you cannot add effects to it, which makes it almost useless.

The main problem is, when open a Tonex pedal in Amplitube, it sits at the site of the amplifier and the Amplitube does not allow you add an amplifier! Then how do you use a pedal in Amplitube without amplifier?
divarsefid

Re: How Use Tonex Pedals in Amplitube

Postby simon.clarke44@gmail.com » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:30 am

I’m wondering the same thing.
simon.clarke44@gmail.com

Postby blasko » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:54 pm

How do you open tonex in AmpliTube? It does not seem to let me download an IK set up from tonex either.
blasko

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:20 pm

Currently if you'd like to insert a pedal before a TONEX Tone Model, you'll need to insert an instance of TONEX before AmpliTube 5 and open the stomp Tone Model there. In a future update coming for AmpliTube 5 we'll be adding a stomp slot for TONEX stomp Tone Models.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:20 pm

blasko wrote:How do you open tonex in AmpliTube? It does not seem to let me download an IK set up from tonex either.

Click on the amp slot, scroll down to "other" and choose TONEX there.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby divarsefid » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:59 pm

blasko wrote:How do you open tonex in AmpliTube? It does not seem to let me download an IK set up from tonex either.

Tricky. I went through same confusion. I figured out:
1) You Have To download/install the latest version of Amplitube. Without the latest version, you will not be able to access Tonex
2) Make sure you open Tonex at least once. Okay if to close it then.
3) Open the Amplitube.
4) In Amplitube, in the right panel, where different types of amps are selected, go to the very end, the Tonex is there as an option, just like an amplifier. Or, alternatively, in the small menu which is in the middle of the main screen of Amplitube and the name of the amplifier is written, go to that menu, at the end of the menu there is an option "other", go to "other" and Tonex is there. NOTE: You will NOT have Tonex in Amplitube unless you have installed the latest version of Amplitube
divarsefid

Postby divarsefid » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Currently if you'd like to insert a pedal before a TONEX Tone Model, you'll need to insert an instance of TONEX before AmpliTube 5 and open the stomp Tone Model there. In a future update coming for AmpliTube 5 we'll be adding a stomp slot for TONEX stomp Tone Models.

The Amplitube chain does NOT allow adding a Tonex instance in the chain anywhere else other than replacing the Amplitube's amp. So you HAVE TO replace Amplitube's amp with Tonex pedal. Is there a way around it??
divarsefid

Postby Draconian55 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:52 pm

divarsefid wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Currently if you'd like to insert a pedal before a TONEX Tone Model, you'll need to insert an instance of TONEX before AmpliTube 5 and open the stomp Tone Model there. In a future update coming for AmpliTube 5 we'll be adding a stomp slot for TONEX stomp Tone Models.

The Amplitube chain does NOT allow adding a Tonex instance in the chain anywhere else other than replacing the Amplitube's amp. So you HAVE TO replace Amplitube's amp with Tonex pedal. Is there a way around it??

He's saying that there will be an update that will allow a TONEX pedal to be inserted the same as an Amplitube pedal. It's really odd that we have the ability to capture single pedals, but no easy way to use them even in the TONEX standalone or plugin versions as well.
Draconian55

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:12 pm

And I'm saying you need to open an instance of TONEX in front of your AmpliTube 5 in your DAW/host. For now.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Draconian55 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:55 pm

Peter_IK wrote:And I'm saying you need to open an instance of TONEX in front of your AmpliTube 5 in your DAW/host. For now.

And that only way to use a single pedal capture in TONEX is to open 2 instances of TONEX, one with the pedal, one with the amp...correct?
Draconian55

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:17 pm

Draconian55 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:And I'm saying you need to open an instance of TONEX in front of your AmpliTube 5 in your DAW/host. For now.

And that only way to use a single pedal capture in TONEX is to open 2 instances of TONEX, one with the pedal, one with the amp...correct?

At this time yes. You'd want to either do that or use a Tone Model that has the stomp included.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby divarsefid » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:25 pm

Draconian55 wrote:

Okay, I think I got it. Weird, but possible.
Basically, it means, in the DAW you open Tonex as an effect. Then, in the DAW, you open the Amplitube. So, this way, the signal goes through Tonex first and then into Amplitube.
Have to see how it may affect the sound realistically without noise or unwanted changes.

At any rate, it is important that IK Multimedia updates the Amplitube to allow Tonex pedals to be installed.

One other thing, it appears the changes we do to the tone in Tonex (using the panel above the screen) cannot be transferred to Amplitube. You can save the changed setting under your presets in Tonex, but that does not open in Amplitube. Is there a way around it? It is also something IK Multimedia to seriously consider to fix.

Thank you
divarsefid

Postby divarsefid » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Draconian55 wrote:

At this time yes. You'd want to either do that or use a Tone Model that has the stomp included.

Okay, I think I got it. Weird, but possible.
Basically, it means, in the DAW you open Tonex as an effect. Then, in the DAW, you open the Amplitube. So, this way, the signal goes through Tonex first and then into Amplitube.
Have to see how it may affect the sound realistically without noise or unwanted changes.

At any rate, it is important that IK Multimedia updates the Amplitube to allow Tonex pedals to be installed.

One other thing, it appears the changes we do to the tone in Tonex (using the panel above the screen) cannot be transferred to Amplitube. You can save the changed setting under your presets in Tonex, but that does not open in Amplitube. Is there a way around it? It is also something IK Multimedia to seriously consider to fix.

Thank you
divarsefid

Postby jlgueims » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:33 pm

Ok, I've loaded two instances of tonex in Gigperformer. First with a pedal through the second with the amp.
The thing is when you disable the pedal, there's no a clean signal through the amp, not true bypass. The sound gets coloured. You have to bypass the entire instance of tonex.
That's weird.
jlgueims

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling