Automatic input switching not implemented in AmpliTube 5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Automatic input switching not implemented in AmpliTube 5?

Postby JxCALLExJ » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:38 pm

Hi

I am slightly concerned about this issue.

Today I accidentally hit the AmpliTube 5 icon in the dock on my computer. I was connected to my AirPods, because I was just casually listening to music away from my studio and doing some work.

amplitube opens, and for some reason it doesn't detect that I don't have an interface connected and blasts the audio out of the laptop speakers instead of even the AirPods, which were chosen as the system output device. And naturally, the input was also selected as the laptop mic, so it created a horrible feedback loop which I couldn't control the volume of since the volume controls of the MacBook only affected the AirPods' volume.

I try to shut it down but of course it asks me if I want to save, even though I hadn't touched the default preset or recorded anything at all. I accidentally click "yes" and the shut down is delayed some more.

I might have blown my speakers.

This is far from the first time this has happened. Why doesn't AmpliTube default to the system selected input and output device? And why doesn't AmpliTube turn the input off if built in input is selected since LITERALLY no one records their guitar through a VST via their laptop microphone.

I'm sorry if this seems like a rant, actually I love Amplitube, but this is, as Gus Fring would put it, unacceptable. And I don't have the finances to buy or fix my laptop if the speakers are broken, I'm only 17 years old.

A fix for this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Calle
JxCALLExJ

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling