Tonex Downloads?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Downloads?

Postby dsomer@yahoo.com » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:34 pm

I was giving Tonex a try and got a little ahead of myself. I downloaded the maximum number for the CS product and don't know how to un-download a selection. I should have sampled the Tonex models from the Tonex application instead of downloading them and then playing them through Amplitube 5's Tonex Amp.

Is there a way to remove a model from your downloaded tones? I used the "delete" option in Tonex, but when I try to download a new model, it still indicates I have reached my maximum. The deleted tones also reappear when I restart Tonex.

Very cool tones with Tonex.

Thanks,
Dale
dsomer@yahoo.com

Re: Tonex Downloads?

Postby HristoStoyanov71 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:18 pm

I have the same issue - how do I remove a downloaded model in Tone CS
HristoStoyanov71

Postby RiF_2205 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:31 am

I read somewhere that the 20 tone model limit in CS referred to the total number of downloads and not to the number of concurrent tone models.
This would mean that you have reached your limit irrevocably.
And TONEX CS is not able to sample/capture.
RiF_2205

Postby dsomer@yahoo.com » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:32 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I couldn't find anything in the user manual or on the product pages, but it does appear that downloads are a commitment you cannot undo. Thankfully, I only have a couple downloads I would probably discard ... the rest are nice tones. It would have been nice for IK to have been a bit more forthcoming with this limit, but oh well marketing folks have to earn a living too.

Since IK likes to charge users with upgrades, I'll probably wait for the 2.0 version of ToneX before buying the standard or Max version of the product. Current version was fun to try.
dsomer@yahoo.com

Postby doctordude » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:50 pm

Is there anyway to get back deleted tones?

I burned through all of mine, trying to figure it all out. And now I can't re-download deleted tones.
doctordude

Postby pipotron2000 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:10 pm

Not possible for now, it is on server side.
But you can probably create another account...
pipotron2000

Postby cliftond » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:26 pm

Just buy the SE. Tonex is awesome, the captured models sound great. This is much better than I had expected. Waiting for the app to download to iPad now.
cliftond

Postby doctordude » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:04 am

cliftond wrote:Just buy the SE. Tonex is awesome, the captured models sound great. This is much better than I had expected. Waiting for the app to download to iPad now.

I plan to eventually. I just don't have any extra money right now.

Thanks for the info everyone.
doctordude

Postby CACOrange07 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:46 pm

They will never give non MAX users the option of deleting models. You bought a limited option and once you reach your limit you can't then go and change it, they want you to upgrade instead.
I could see them allowing users of the MAX version the option to delete and I wish I could as a MAX user I was overzealous at first and downloaded everything and now have way too many amp models to wade through to find one I want to use.
I wish they would allow for more than just a FAVOURITE designation, I would like to see a 3 or even a 5 star rating process, so I could rate and filter my downloaded amps that way
CACOrange07

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling