Tonex Capture Training failures

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Capture Training failures

Postby jhaas » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:58 pm

I am trying to capture an amp and cab using the Tonex Capture hardware and an iConnectAudio iConnect4 Audio+ interface.
The process goes very smoothly up to the training stage. I've tried the "Fast", "Default" and "Advanced" accuracy levels and I get the following error message:

"Error while processing training files. Training will now stop. Please check input and output levels"

My System:
• Windows 10 desktop
• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
• RAM: 32 GB
• Graphics Adapter: Radeon RX 570 Series, 1GB RAM, latest driver

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any idea what the issue might be?
jhaas

Re: Tonex Capture Training failures

Postby mrkpullin » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:21 am

Hi,
Yes, I have the same problem.
It comes up with an error at the training stage.

My friend is also having the same problem. At first I thought it might be because we use firewire sound cards. Mine is an RME and he users a Presonus.
My friend also has a USB line6 device and gets the same problem, so perhaps it's an issue with windows 11?

Cheers
mrkpullin

Postby jhaas » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:18 pm

mrkpullin wrote:Hi,
Yes, I have the same problem.
It comes up with an error at the training stage.

My friend is also having the same problem. At first I thought it might be because we use firewire sound cards. Mine is an RME and he users a Presonus.
My friend also has a USB line6 device and gets the same problem, so perhaps it's an issue with windows 11?

Cheers

I am running windows 10, so I don't think it's that.

I have hunch it might be related to the standalone version being locked into using 44.1kHz sample rate. My interface was set at 48k. I reset it to 44.1 and I got past the error, but it never completed the training phase (I let it run overnight). Not a huge surprise since the tone capture was done with the interface at 48, I imagine it was in a bad state at this point.

I'm unable to retry a capture to test my theory at the moment, due to the noise level of the amp, but I'm curious if you and your friend also have your audio interface set at 48.
jhaas

Postby hunimx » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:55 pm

I had same issue with the volume level.
I solved this issue by turning the output level of my iMac.

During the capturing process, how big is the wave form? When I increased the output level, the AmpliTube of the waveform became a lot bigger.

May be my case was ancoincidence. But it solved the problem.
hunimx

Postby jhaas » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:01 pm

hunimx wrote:I had same issue with the volume level.
I solved this issue by turning the output level of my iMac.

I'm on Windows, so please help me understand, what is the output level of your iMac feeding? Is that the DI guitar signal into the reamp box (or Tonex Capture "line input")?
jhaas

Postby JonSymons » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:02 pm

Same warning error here each time I start the training. My soundcards are also set to 48khz. I hope they fix this soon because I can't make any captures this way...
JonSymons

Postby mrkpullin » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:38 pm

It all seems to be working now.
I set my sample rate to 44.1.
Also, I went into properties and put it to Windows 8 compatibility
mode and set it to run as admin. Probably don't need the last two, but it's all
working now, so definitely think it's the sample rate thing that's
causing the issue.

Cheers
mrkpullin

Postby jhaas » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:42 pm

mrkpullin wrote:It all seems to be working now.
I set my sample rate to 44.1.

Great news, thanks for the update!
jhaas

Postby JonSymons » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:01 pm

That's cool but not a solution for people who want to work in 48khz.
JonSymons

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:25 pm

Your capture quality will not be affected by setting to 44.1 vs 48, but this has been relayed to the team.

For the levels issue, there is a FAQ entry at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1438 (and it also references sample rate). If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, please open a ticket with IK Support and they will assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mikegillham1 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:50 am

I’m using 44.1 and still getting levels issue on training. I’ve rechecked my levels, etc. I’m trying to capture amp alone, fyi

Dumb question, should I use speaker cable from amp to capture box and from capture box to cab or normal guitar cables, thx
Mikegillham1

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:21 am

Mikegillham1 wrote:I’m using 44.1 and still getting levels issue on training. I’ve rechecked my levels, etc. I’m trying to capture amp alone, fyi

Dumb question, should I use speaker cable from amp to capture box and from capture box to cab or normal guitar cables, thx

You should use the cables you would use with the connected equipment so for cab to/from you'd definitely want to use speaker cable but to and from amps you'd want to use the typical cable which is usually a regular TS (though in some cases a line out from an amp may support or work well with a balance TRS etc).

I would report your issue with levels to the IK Support team if you haven't already and if the FAQ doesn't help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1438
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hozodj » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:24 pm

First and veven up to now I had problems, as I only could connect to ToneNet, if I first logged into IK Product Manager, an issue, which IK did not solve up to now, and meanwhile I also can hardly capture a new model, as I always get an annoying message before training starts, that the file cannot be processed, without any more informations, why this happens.

I meanwhile more and more get the impressions that IK Multimedia has released a very unprofessional Beta-Version and earned a lot of money for it, if you consider, that you need ToneX and ToneX Capture, but the support and service for a lot olf issues is - in my opinion - below average.

I never have been a big IK Multimedia or Amplitube fan, as most of their amp sims sinply sound disappointing, as I have to do every day with real tube amps, but also, if compared with a lot of competitors, but my first impressions of ToneX had been quite positive, but if capturing does not even work properly and you have no idea why it does not work, this is disappointing, even more, as it up to now usually worked fine within my system.

[mod redacted - please review the rules, keep it civil and non-political]

I certainly would not have bought ToneX and Capture, if I had known, what expected me.

The concept in priciple is good, but there still are too many mistakes implemented for a proper, flawess working.
hozodj

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:51 pm

TONEX is working very well for many, and there are thousands of user Tone Models up on ToneNET from those folks. I'm sorry to hear you are not among those who are having a great time using TONEX but I sure hope you reached out to our support team with any problems (sounds like you did) and kept in communication directly if anything they suggested did not fix your issue. They will certainly help you until you are satisfied. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hozodj » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:31 pm

TONEX is working very well for many, and there are thousands of user Tone Models up on ToneNET from those folks. I'm sorry to hear you are not among those who are having a great time using TONEX but I sure hope you reached out to our support team with any problems (sounds like you did) and kept in communication directly if anything they suggested did not fix your issue. They will certainly help you until you are satisfied. Thank you.

I certianly will not ask the support one more time. The last time I waited for weeks for an answer and this was a 08/15 phrase, which did not help me solving my problem at all.

All I expected, was a properly working software for this price. But from this ToneX still seems to be miles away.

[mod redacted - again, please review the rules and post according to these rules]

So in my opinion you most probably might get some copyright problems, if you do not stop this - in my opinion - misuse in time. Which I have not noticed in any way up to now.

[mod redacted - conjecture and bad faith statistics that are manipulated]

If you can give me some really compentent answers to these issues, I'm waiting for a reply, but if I only get the typical 08/15 phrases, better let it be!

And no, ToneX is not really working well, if it sometimes does and then, with exactly the same settings, suddenly does not anymore and a user in unable to find the reason why!
hozodj

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling