So, about the Tonex stomps in amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

So, about the Tonex stomps in amplitube 5

Postby bertsmith30 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:22 pm

I saw this in the manual.

The only Tone Models that can’t be swapped are STOMPs.
A STOMP can only be used alone and is designed mainly to bring your favorite stomp pedals as a plug-in inside
your DAW.

I take this to mean at no point in the future will you be able to use a Tonex stomp with an amp in the amplitube software itself, and to properly use said stomp, you would need to use it as two vst instances in your DAW, or possibly 3 VST instances, one Amplitube VST for anything before the Tonex Stomp, A Tonex VST instance for the stomp, then an Amplitube VST instance for the amp and signal chain afterward.

Just for clarification.
bertsmith30

Re: So, about the Tonex stomps in amplitube 5

Postby livesforrap » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:08 pm

Ah, I remember Peter saying "maybe later" but I thought he was referring to AT5.

Still though, there are presets with stomps in front.

Oh well, it's SO light in the cpu department, I'm not sure I care much right now, but still ;)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby bertsmith30 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:11 pm

I sent up a capture of one of my more rare pedals and was wondering how to integrate it in Amplitube 5. Found that part in the manual so I guess we will have to wait for stomp integration. I use Amplitube 5 for live playing so I like to just use the software instead of a DAW.
bertsmith30

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm

At this time you'd need to use an instance of TONEX in front of AmpliTube (or TONEX) to use a stomp in front of an amp(or + cab). The devs tell me they plan to add the ability to use TONEX stomp Tone Models in AmpliTube directly on the pedalboard.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling