Tonex Sample Rate

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Sample Rate

Postby dean.winter » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:56 pm

Hi folks,
Tonex seems pretty cool, but where do you set the sample rate? It seems to want to force my systems to 44.1, which causes all kinds of problems since I normally operate at 48kz.

Thanks,
Dean
dean.winter

Re: Tonex Sample Rate

Postby livesforrap » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:21 pm

I'm 44.1, but I cannot find any way to open the "control panel" in standalone. It spins for a sec and then doesn't do anything. I'll try the DAW later, I think I want to bump to 48k anyways.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:33 pm

Edit - have to check something
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dean.winter » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:45 pm

Note - I should have been specific. I'm using it in ASIO mode.
dean.winter

Postby livesforrap » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:23 pm

Peter is hopefully on the case. 48k works in the host (see specs below)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:43 pm

Ah yes you are in standalone where it is not changeable you'd need to run TONEX in your DAW/host where you can.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dean.winter » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:51 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Ah yes you are in standalone where it is not changeable you'd need to run TONEX in your DAW/host where you can.

Thanks, Peter, but you can't do captures in the DAW, right? The problem I'm having is that when running in standalone it wants to shift my rate to 44.1, while in Windows Sound Settings it's locked at 48khz to match the settings I use in my DAW. If I don't do that my Windows system sounds break when I have my DAW open.

The end result is that Tonex is forcing a move to 44.1, but Windows still tries to function at 48, and that produces a very loud noise (-0.0 dBFS) on the Stereo IO pairs I use for Windows sound, which then blasts out through my mains.

Is the ability to change sample rate in standalone coming?? I'm honestly a bit surprised that it doesn't do it now...I kinda thought it was just the price of admission for ASIO apps.

Dean
dean.winter

Postby jhaas » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:09 pm

It's a longshot, but look at this file on your system:

Code: Select all
C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\TONEX\settings.properties

It's an xml file that plainly shows the Sample Rate for the "ModelerState". You could try to edit that to contain SampleRate="48000.0" and give it a shot.

If the 44.1 limitation is due to an oversight in the UI design of the Standalone version then hacking the config file might work. If it's due to a limitation of the hamsters running under the hood, then it won't. :D
jhaas

Postby marcroth » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:48 pm

For me that hack didn't work, still forces back to 44.1k when using the modeler. Hope this can still be fixed somehow, as it's really annoying in Windows.
marcroth

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:20 pm

Please open a ticket with support on this so they are aware. I did relay the information too, but it would be better to get real-world tickets so support can help with any feature request if you'd like to change the sample rate or if your interface cannot be changed to 44.1 for any reason, etc. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dean.winter » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:56 pm

Thanks folks,
Updating the sample rate in the xml file fixed things for me on playback, but like marcroth, on capture it reverts to 44.1 (and overwrites the config). So, a little better, but certainly not fixed.

I'll open a support ticket as well.

Thanks again,
Dean
dean.winter

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling